FinanceFull TimeVancouver, BC
The Yield Growth Corp.
Headquartered in the beautiful Yaletown neighbourhood of Vancouver, B.C., The Yield Growth Corp. (CSE:BOSS) is a publicly-traded, cannabis asset growth company cultivating high value companies and brands centered around the legal cannabis industry and its key players. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include Urban Juve, a globally distributed hemp-powered skincare brand and Wright & Well, a CBD and THC topicals line, expanding into the Oregon and California markets.
We are an enthusiastic team who takes pride in what we do. We work hard and fast, while valuing a team approach to create the best results possible. We celebrate our successes and learn quickly from our mistakes.
You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and have a passion for finance and accounting. You are organized, efficient and detail oriented. You are a motivated self-starter who is enthusiastic about contributing to the growth and scalability of a growing public company.
The Accounting Analyst reports to the Controller and is responsible for the Company’s AR and AP functions, receiving revenue and paying invoices by verifying and completing payable and receivable transactions. This position will have contact with managers and stakeholders, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process vendors’ invoices for payment in timely fashion, ensure proper authorization and allocation to the indicated general ledger accounts
- Process and maintain discrepancy reports
- Primary contact for vendor payment inquiries, reconcile vendor statements, and resolve disputes
- Prepare weekly cash requirements for vendors' payables
- Maintain adequate filing system for processed payables
- Ensure compliance with the company accounts payable policies
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Keep consistent communication with customers regarding their accounts and account balances, as well as credit
- Print aging report and follow up on customer outstanding accounts
- Reconcile customer discrepancies
- Print and verify invoices with coinciding back up documents for customers
- Post collected cash to outstanding AR
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls
- Support team members in a positive and constructive manner to facilitate professional growth, solve challenges and ensure we exceed customer expectations.
- Drive core values and create an environment that fosters success and accountability
- Other duties, as required, may be assigned
- Secondary School Diploma
- 1-3 years of relevant accounts receivable and payable work experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Time management skills to handle a large volume of invoices
- Precise and conscientious attitude dealing with payments, invoices and vendors
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter, results driven, highly organized, and deadline oriented
- A demonstrated ability in developing sound professional relationships with excellent communication skills
- Position type: Full-time
- Competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience & qualifications
- Significant corporate benefit programs; opportunity for stock options, incentives.