Product Manager - Web and Documentation
ProductFull TimeToronto, ON
Xanadu’s mission is to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Xanadu develops PennyLane, an open-source software library for programming quantum computers. You will be the product manager for PennyLane’s websites and online documentation, guiding our industry-leading quantum computing content and technical communication. Touching on aspects of content, design, website architecture, and open-source documentation, you will work with our team to maintain a consistent, high-quality, and forward-thinking vision for PennyLane across our web assets.
- Defining the website roadmap and documentation requirements, scope, and delivery timelines, based on feedback and discussion with product managers, software developers, and external users
- Overseeing the creation of user- and developer-oriented content, such as tutorials, blog posts, and reference guides
- Collaborate with front-end developers and designers to make and evolve a consistent PennyLane branding across PennyLane’s web assets
- Ensuring the website and documentation is clear, consistent, and easy to navigate, to enable new and existing PennyLane users to learn and use the library to full potential
- Work alongside software developers, product managers, and designers to ensure that the latest features and capabilities of PennyLane are discoverable
- Provide immediate feedback to software developers, community members, and technical writers, and work with them to improve the documentation process
- Manage PennyLane release notes and messaging alongside the marketing team
- Dig into a problem and provide simple solutions, prioritize workloads, and collaborate efficiently with different stakeholders across Xanadu and the PennyLane ecosystem
- Translate high-level, highly technical concepts into clear and effective directions and explanations
Basic qualifications and experience
- Experience with the scientific Python ecosystem
- Track record of defining and executing long-term product vision
- Experience with growing open-source software adoption
- Ability to manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables in collaboration with different stakeholders
- Ability to translate high-level, highly technical concepts into clear and effective directions and explanations
- Experience with software documentation standards and concepts
Helpful qualifications and experience
- Product management experience for a technical, software, or educational product
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Communication, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with the following:
- Experience with using data (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Search Console) to inform decision making
- Balanced working on multiple projects at once, applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel
- Previous experience managing and growing technical documentation for open-source Python packages
- Proven track record in working closely with software developers and technical writers to develop and refine product requirements, creating solutions, and getting buy-in from stakeholders
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.