ProductFull TimeToronto, ON
Xanadu’s mission is to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
As the first Design hire at the company, you will help shape the look and feel of all Xanadu’s external-facing interfaces, brand and voice. This role will be 80% Product Design and 20% Marketing Design. You will:
- Support product development efforts for our customer tools.
- Execute at every stage of the design lifecycle with product managers, writers, and engineers to ship engaging product experiences.
- Help us grow our user community by improving usability and navigation of our educational sites (eg https://pennylane.ai/ and https://codebook.xanadu.ai/), blogs, and other community properties.
- Help define and evolve the Xanadu brand.
- Assist Marketing and Business Development teams by creating engaging content for potential customers.
Basic qualifications and experience:
- 3+ years of industry experience with interface, user experience, and marketing design.
- Experience using Figma or similar tools.
- Ability to translate high-level, sometimes highly technical requirements into interaction flows and artifacts that support the implementation of the end-user experience.
- Ability to communicate design concepts clearly and effectively.
- Ability to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Balanced working on multiple projects at once, applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel.
- Proven track record in working closely with Product Managers to develop and refine product requirements, creating solutions, and getting buy-in from stakeholders.
- Experience with user research, information architecture, interface design, interaction design, and prototyping.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.