ProductFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
We are looking for a talented Infrastructure Specialist to join us as we scale our growing start-up.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Reporting into our DevOps Lead, this position will responsible for maintaining and automating the on-premise Linux based Infrastructure used to run our state-of-the-art Quantum Hardware Engineering lab.
• Installs, configures, documents, creates and maintains assigned operating system(s) hardware & software. Works continuously to automate as much as can be using Ansible playbooks.
• Maintains assigned system security and backup / recovery procedures.
• Troubleshoots problems associated with our on-premise infrastructure
• Provides recommendations for hardware and systems software
• Develops, tests, and documents disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
• Perform system maintenance, configuration, and schedule regular upgrades
What We’re Looking For :
• A strong working background in Linux as well as scripting
• Experience automating Linux-based infrastructure using Ansible
• Basic knowledge of SQL Database maintenance and use
• Previous experience with Open Source Software & Configuration
• Experience with any of the following are definite assets : Docker Containers, Kubernetes, POS applications, Google Cloud Platform
• Excellent communication skills both in verbal and written correspondence
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years work experience in a similar role; Exposure to automation using Ansible is a must
- Versatile (and keen) - able to jump into whatever needs to be done.
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering degree/diploma
- Strong communication skills
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.