HardwareFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Your role and responsibilities:
As part of the Hardware team, you will be responsible for assisting in the procurement of supplies, scientific instruments, and equipment for a cutting-edge optical physics lab and the general company. Duties include rapidly executing purchase orders, liaising and negotiating with vendors and shippers, tracking and receiving shipments, and financial reconciliation. You will work within the hardware operations team, interacting closely and frequently with the finance team. You will have a proven track record of excellence in organization and attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years work experience in a relevant area (purchasing/procurement, bookkeeping, shipping and receiving, etc.)
- 1+ years financial reconciliation experience, including performing monthly/quarterly reconciliation of hardware receipts, etc.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline (business administration, logistics, supply chain management, etc.)
- 3+ years experience in purchasing/procurement.
- Strong MS Office Suite/GSuite skills.
- Strong experience with Excel/Sheets, i.e. organization and presentation of data, formulas, conditioning formatting, etc.
- Experience in collaborating with or being part of a finance team.
- Highly organized with a meticulous, detail-oriented working style.
- Ability to efficiently carry out detailed error-free work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-driven with the ability to work well both autonomously and within a team.
- Ability to represent the company well when interacting with external partners and vendors.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership of projects and duties.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working in an environment with sensitive equipment.
- Tech-savvy with exposure to various software which can be leveraged for purchasing, financial reconciliation or related tasks.
- Experience working in shipping and receiving, including international shipment of large items/freight in coordination with customs brokers.
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.