VP of Finance
OperationsFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Reporting into the CEO, this position will lead a team of 3+ working closely with the Purchasing department and the company’s Grants Manager. As our VP of Finance, you will manage all company finance functions of the business working with investors, lenders, legal counsel, auditors, tax accountants, government grant partners, the board of directors, banks and senior management.
- Accounting and Tax: ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial statements (US GAAP); manage the external accounting firm; institute sound financial controls and policies; oversight of the entire month-end close process; manage all process and decision making related to sales and income tax and other remittances (SRED, HST/GST, US/Canadian filings, WSIB, etc.)
- FP&A: communicate financial information with the leadership team, board of directors, investors and other stakeholders to plan and optimize against business goals
- Forecasts: develop the annual budget and co-create the 3 year operating model
- Milestone Reporting: for a variety of government entities, compilation and submission of labour and other related project expenditures
- Financing: work with investors, legal counsel and senior management to successfully execute on capital infusions (debt and/or equity), from term sheet through legal documentation to close and receipt of funds
- Banking and Debt Relationships: own relationships with banking and debt partners, including researching and recommending new opportunities, as well as meeting all reporting requirements
- Cash Flow Management: understand business/ unit cash needs and manage funding to maximize optimal business outcomes (e.g., FX/treasury, A/R and A/P, etc.)
- Insurance: review insurance coverage regularly and advise on any adjustments to scope or scale of existing policies
- Partner with HR: collaborate with human resources on integrated processes (e.g., payroll, HRIS systems, option grants)
- Contracts: work across the company’s various contractual needs to standardize content and record retention policies, as well as ensure compliance with legal requirements
Qualifications and experience:
- CPA/CA or similar professional designation
- Prior 10+ years in a finance capacity, preferably with experience at a high growth technology firm
- Previous fundraising success, Series A, B or C
- Previous experience with an IPO is a nice to have
- Mastery of Excel and Google sheets
- Proven track record of managing a high performing team
- Comfortable working with and/or introducing various opportunistic finance platforms (e.g., financial reporting, payment processing, fixed asset management, etc.)
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.