Financial Reporting Manager
OperationsFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
We are looking for a talented Financial Reporting Manager to join us as we scale our growing start-up.
Your role and responsibilities:
Reporting into the Controller, this position will provide exciting exposure to a variety of financial accounting and reporting aspects of this quickly scaling startup as you continue to advance your accounting career. You will be immersed in:
- Deep research and technology business objectives
- A real start-up environment
- GAAP based accounting (US)
- Government grant reporting
- Financial audits
- Accounting software, systems and platforms that can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the monthly accounting cycle
- Lead government milestone reporting, which includes provision of evidence of the pertinent project’s spend (e.g., SRED, SDTC, NRC, etc.)
- Manage month-end closing, including journal entries, reconciliations, cost allocations, FX translation from home currency to reporting currency, financial statement generation and investor reporting.
- Undertake the necessary inquiries and document drivers for budget-vs-actual variances.
- Participate in process and booking activities related to the G/L, AP and AR, revenues, loans, fixed assets, grants, leases, and IP.
- Compile data/reports for senior management, lawyers, the Board and existing/potential investors.
- Ensure that Finance’s accounting policies are compliant with relevant standards.
- Assisting with developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls .
- Assist in compiling documentation for the auditors and responding to their requests.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Accounting designation (CPA)
- 5+ years work experience with a background in public accounting and/or a finance or accounting department, with increasingly expanded and/or more technical responsibilities.
- Versatile (and keen) - able to jump into whatever needs to be done.
- An eye for detail - ‘cause that’s what accountants need to be good at!
- Very comfortable with Excel.
- Use of Quickbooks or similar financial accounting packages.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Hands-on experience in a flexible, agile (i.e., start-up) environment.
- Use of a budgeting platform like Mosaic, Adaptive.
- Many cycles and hands-on experience with month-end closes.
- Experience in successfully leading and/or assisting in the implementation of accounting or finance related software packages (e.g., ERP, Automated AP, Procurement platforms, etc.)
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.