Experimental Physicist (Quantum Optics)
HardwareFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Your role and responsibilities:
As part of the Hardware Team, you will work with our established team of physicists and engineers to deploy our integrated photonic quantum computing platform. In the role of experimental physicist, you will be designing and implementing new techniques to characterize and control quantum light sources. The selected candidate will have a proven track record of accomplishments in quantum optics research and development.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD in Quantum Optics, AMO, or related discipline.
- Academic or industrial experience in photonic engineering.
- Strong understanding of photonics and electronics.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience working in quantum optics or atomic physics, with a focus on light-matter interactions and cavity QED.
- Strong familiarity with the principles of quantum optics, including squeezing, photon pair generation, and/or single-photon detection.
- A solid understanding of narrow-linewidth lasers, phase stable frequency combs, optical interferometers and high-bandwidth control loops (PLLs, Pound-Drever-Hall etc.).
- Strong understanding of coherent detection (homodyne/heterodyne), phase-sensitive experiments, and shot noise-limited measurement.
- Experience with RF electro-optic tools and techniques (EOMs, IQ modulators, etc.)
- Experience with EDA software, PCB fabrication and assembly is an asset.
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.