Technical Administrative Assistant
HardwareFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
The selected candidate will assist with administrative duties involved in running the Hardware Team at Xanadu. These duties include scheduling and organizing technical meetings, preparing slides for presentations, minute-taking, record-keeping, and co-ordinating team workshops and events. Successful candidates will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, experience with commonly used software tools, and experience working in a technical environment.
In this role you will
- Support and maintain professional relationships with external partners, ensuring excellent working relationships
- Assist in purchasing supplies and equipment, when needed
- Send, receive and distribute incoming and outgoing mail/parcels and courier for the Hardware team
- Review, compile and edit documents and presentations for completeness and accuracy
- Manage and distribute documents; maintain organization of hardware documentation
- Manage team support, ranging from printer management, supplies, and facilities, as needed
- Assist with on-boarding new employees in the Hardware team
- Oversee daily operations in collaboration with the Lab Manager and Hardware Operations Assistant
- Ensure the Hardware office space is held up to a high standard of organization and cleanliness
- Ensure ad hoc tasks are completed in a timely manner
Basic qualifications and experience:
- 3+ years of work experience in a relevant role (administrator, executive assistant, secretary)
- 1+ years of experience in minute-taking and record-keeping role
- Able to take accurate notes in real time on technical subjects
- Experience calendaring for multiple leaders and/or teams
- Experience planning and executing events, workshops and meetings
- Applicant is legally eligible to work in Canada as of the start date and is able to work on-site
Required skills and experience:
- Strong MS Office Suite/GSuite skills, including Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint/Slides
- Highly organized with a meticulous, detail-oriented working style
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize projects while keeping up with daily tasks
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Experience working in a highly technical environment (research lab, manufacturing, electronics supply, etc.)
- Experience creating high-quality slide decks
- Experience working in shipping and receiving, including international shipment of large items/freight
- Experience with hand tools used for assembly and general contracting (e.g., drivers, screws, etc.)
- Able to lift over 30lbs on occasion (when handling equipment and deliveries)
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.