Head of Business Development
AdministrationFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Your role and responsibilities
As the Head of Business Development, you will develop and drive the strategy for, and implementation of, scaling Xanadu’s market, growing Xanadu’s quantum computing ecosystem and partnerships, and evangelizing Xanadu’s products. This is a hybrid role, blending partnerships, market strategy, and sales enablement.
You will work closely with the Head of Product, as well as the research and hardware teams to position and evangelize the products for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with our services, and platforms. The Head of Business Development ensures that Xanadu is positioned to achieve its goals, strategic plans are successfully executed, key stakeholder relationships are built and maintained, and a culture of integrity, collegiality, and agility is fostered.
Your success is measured by the number of customers, partners, and ultimately by the total cumulative revenue you bring in.
You are also responsible for
- Leading the execution of sales plans and goals and ensuring the achievement of those goals
- Collaborating with key investors, oversee all sales activity and reporting requirements
- Overseeing business development and marketing initiatives, building relationships with partners and clients
- Identifying new revenue streams, managing and growing revenue from our core services
- Defining, building and deploying business development campaigns around Xanadu’s quantum computing, photonics, cloud, and security offerings, as well as software commercialization
- Defining, building and executing strategic initiatives with industry and academic partners in quantum computing, including start-ups and incubators
- Generating new customer leads for Xanadu’s quantum cloud (XQC)
- Building partnerships and engaging with potential resellers of XQC
- Engaging customers and partners about the quantum computing/photonics value proposition
- Preparing and creating decks for speaking engagements and external stakeholders
- Maintaining relationships with major quantum event organizers
- Securing customers on the Xanadu cloud platform, developing highly respected relationships with Cloud companies, and ultimately bringing them on as partners
Basic qualifications and experience
- Experience leading and scaling a high growth tech start-up, preferably a company with venture or other funding
- Experience at a high-growth company, preferably through staying at that company from less than 60 employees to 100+ employees
- Experience and successful track record in business development, strategic partnerships, and product management
- Building and implementing effective processes, procedures, and KPIs
- Demonstrated experience of growing revenue and profitability
- Demonstrated combination of strong problem solving skills, high creativity, and attention to detail
Preferred qualifications and experience
- BS or MSc in physical, computational sciences, or photonics
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
- 3+ years of experience in cloud or hosted services, telecommunications, and cybersecurity
- 2+ years of experience in machine learning
- 5+ years of working in a high performance computing related industry role
- Experience selling to large US and Canadian organizations
- Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (i.e., IT, software, etc.)
- Experience as a senior manager in a research-oriented/tech environment with leadership of a large team
- CPA, CGA designation
- Experience leading or being a part of the preparation for an IPO
- Previous experience as an entrepreneur or a start-up environment
- Background in management consulting and start-up or tech operations
- Experience leading successful negotiations with external stakeholders such as granting agencies, partners, government and academic institutions
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.