Quantum Computing Educator
CommunityFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
We are looking for a talented Quantum Computing Educator to develop, test, deliver, and continuously iterate on: outreach, community building, creating engaging educational materials, and promoting quantum, with the goal of improving awareness and growing the user base of Xanadu’s PennyLane and other quantum software tools. You will collaborate with researchers and developers across the Xanadu team and have the opportunity to interface with community members who are actively using our quantum computing software and hardware.
In this role, you will:
- Interact with enthusiasts, students, researchers, software developers, the open-source community, and partners interested in quantum computing and quantum machine learning, and facilitate their learning and adoption of PennyLane and other tools.
- Create topical and engaging content related to quantum computing, quantum machine learning, quantum chemistry, and quantum photonics.
The ideal candidate must possess technical skills appropriate for engagement with developers and scientists and must also be able to articulate complex concepts clearly to a non-technical audience.
Required qualifications & experience:
- Master’s degree in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field.
- Experience communicating scientific and technical concepts using diverse media: images, videos, blog posts, tutorials, code, games, etc.
- Strong communication skills, along with ability to explain complex technical concepts and analyze implications clearly across different audiences.
- Very strong data analysis, writing, and problem solving skills, strategic thinking, and attention to detail.
- Experience participating in an online open-source or educational community.
- Creative thinker and self-driven team player who has a strong collaboration ethic.
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to education, outreach, and community building.
- Familiarity with the open-source scientific software landscape.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities.
Preferred qualifications & experience:
- PhD degree in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field.
- Specialized expertise in quantum science.
- Hands-on experience with curriculum development or creation of educational materials.
- Experience in various promotional methods, including social media, blogs, search engine optimization, and sponsored events.
- Experience building and cultivating online communities whose members have a diverse set of skills and education levels.
- Experience organizing/running educational events: university courses, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Deep familiarity with the quantum software landscape: Python, GitHub, open-source, and the major software frameworks.
- Ability to develop ways of reaching new and existing audiences across developer and academic communities.Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple technical and business teams.
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.