Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud
Software & AlgorithmsFull TimeToronto, ON
Xanadu’s mission is to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
As a Cloud Engineer at Xanadu, your role will range from managing our cloud infrastructure and helping keep the world's most advanced photonic quantum processor online, to supporting research activities of a world leading nano photonics lab. You will be in close contact with the most popular quantum software products and quantum OSS frameworks, helping with their development and deployment lifecycle. Further responsibilities include coding and deployment, maintenance and facilitating updates. This position requires practical knowledge of distributed systems, software engineering, operations, security concepts, and cloud technologies.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with major cloud providers: AWS (preferred)/Google Cloud/Azure
- Experience with the broader fields of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), cloud resource management with tools such as Terraform
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Python/Go for automation and API integration
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and tooling
- Proficient in definition, implementation and deployment containerized services (Docker and/or Kubernetes or equivalents)
- Experience with Unix/Linux system administration
- Self-motivated and keen to explore new technologies and research the best tool(s) for the job
- Experience working in an agile delivery environment
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or a related field
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.