Quantum Applications Scientist
Software & AlgorithmsFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators, and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. That is something to be excited about!
Your Role & Responsibilities
As a Quantum Applications Scientist, you will work in collaboration with our product, software, and algorithms teams to undertake research projects in joint effort with Xanadu’s customers and partners. Your main role will be to design innovative quantum algorithms and implement related functionality as part of Xanadu’s software libraries. You will work closely with leading experts across various areas of industry to apply research results in a practical setting. Your responsibilities will include research on quantum algorithms, developing software solutions, running technical workshops, and publishing results in prestigious journals.
Throughout your work, you will showcase analytical skills, a commitment to quality, and a collaborative work ethic. You will also demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, and creativity.
Qualifications and experience
- PhD or MSc in Quantum Information, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Expertise in fundamental quantum computing concepts such as quantum phase estimation, Hamiltonian simulation, quantum compilation, fault-tolerance, and variational quantum algorithms
- 2+ years of experience executing projects related to algorithms and scientific programming
- Very strong software development and scientific programming skills in Python, preferably with a proven track record of contributions to open-source scientific libraries
- Experience with quantum software libraries, preferably PennyLane and Strawberry Fields
- Able to conduct research and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment, as well as independently
- Highly skilled at communicating technical concepts to diverse stakeholders in a clear, effective, and engaging manner
- Ability to manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.