Hardware Operations Assistant
HardwareFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators, and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. That is something to be excited about!
The Hardware Operations Assistant will be responsible for assisting with general operational duties for a cutting-edge photonic hardware lab located in downtown Toronto. Day-to-day responsibilities will include inventory management and ensuring that the lab is held up to a high standard of organization and cleanliness. They will also work with the operations team in helping to ensure that all aspects of the lab are running smoothly; this can include equipment maintenance, installation, shipping and receiving parcels, and other general tasks. The selected candidate will have a proven track record of excellence in organization, a strong work ethic, and experience in working around delicate equipment.
Basic qualifications and experience:
- 2+ years of work experience in a relevant area (shipping and receiving, operations assistant, warehouse worker etc.)
- 1+ year of inventory management experience
- Applicant is legally eligible to work in Canada as of the start date and is able to work on-site
Required skills and experience:
- Strong MS Office Suite/GSuite skills
- Highly organized with a meticulous, detail-oriented working style
- Ability to track and manage inventory daily
- Self-motivated worker able to carry out tasks and complete daily mission-critical checklists effectively and consistently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to represent the company well when interacting with building operations personnel and other external partners
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize projects while keeping up with daily tasks
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Experience working in a laboratory environment or in a facility with sensitive equipment
- General knowledge of computers and electronic equipment
- Experience working in shipping and receiving, including international shipment of large items/freight
- Experience with hand tools used for assembly and general contracting (e.g., drills, drivers, screws, saws etc.)
- Able to lift over 30lbs on occasion (when handling equipment and deliveries)
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.