Quantum Computing Community Lead
CommunityFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Xanadu is known for our high level of community engagement, best-in-class educational materials and documentation, and industry-leading signature events like QHack. We are looking to accelerate our community growths, and are seeking a talented scientific communicator to lead our new Community team. In this role, you will drive all aspects of community-building at Xanadu, including: strategy, outreach, promotion, content creation, events, community partnerships and programs, and developing new initiatives.
You will collaborate with researchers, developers, and stakeholders across Xanadu, and actively engage with a diverse community of enthusiasts, students, researchers, software developers, open-source advocates, and partners interested in quantum computing and quantum machine learning to facilitate their learning and adoption of PennyLane, Xanadu Quantum Cloud, and other tools. The ideal candidate must possess technical understanding appropriate for collaboration with developers and scientists, along with the ability to reach diverse non-technical audiences in accessible and engaging ways.
Required qualifications & experience:
- Master’s degree in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to explain complex technical concepts clearly across different audiences.
- Very strong writing skills and attention to detail.
- Experience participating in an online open-source or educational community.
- Creative strategic thinker and self-driven team player who has a strong collaboration ethic.
- Experience communicating scientific and technical concepts using diverse media and methods: images, videos, social media, live-streaming, blog posts, tutorials, code, etc.
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to education, outreach, and community building.
- Familiarity with the open-source scientific software landscape.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities.
Preferred qualifications & experience:
- PhD degree in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field.
- Specialized expertise in quantum science.
- Experience building and cultivating online communities whose members have a diverse set of skills and education levels.
- Experience organizing/running community-building or educational events: expos, info days, workshops, conferences.
- Deep familiarity with the quantum software landscape: Python, GitHub, open-source, and the major software frameworks.
- Ability to develop ways of reaching new and existing audiences across developer and academic communities.
- Experience in various promotional methods, including search engine optimization, gamification, viral content, promotions, and sponsored events.
- Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple technical and business teams.
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.