Control Software Engineer
HardwareFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators, and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. That is something to be excited about!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Control Software Engineer, you will work on all aspects of the control software operating our quantum devices. Your main role will include working with hardware engineers to implement low-level interfaces to in-house and commercial control and data acquisition hardware, developing and optimizing higher-level algorithms for calibrating and operating our development and production quantum chips, and working with cloud software engineers to improve our data strategy and deployment workflows. Being enthusiastic about best software development practices and clean code, you will join the software team’s efforts to spread these skills throughout the company and support our scientists and hardware engineers in writing better code and efficiently using the software you develop.
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in computer science, physics, or related field
- 3+ years of experience working with Python
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with collaborative software development and code review
- Experience with automatic software testing and continuous integration
- Ability to troubleshoot and bugfix
- Knowledge of Linux and networking
- Experience in software documentation and user support
- 1+ years experience in writing hardware instrumentation control software
- Experience in API and/or data model versioning
- Familiarity with ROS or similar middleware for RPC
- Basic understanding of analog and/or digital electronics
- Experience in fitting experimental data and basic machine learning skills
- Knowledge of lower-level programming languages such as C and/or Verilog
- Ability to work in a fast-paced research environment
- Activity in open source software projects
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere. Learn more about our mission here.
Our values are everything. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.