Quantum Applications Scientist
Software & AlgorithmsFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators, and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. That is something to be excited about!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
As a Quantum Applications Scientist, you will work in collaboration with our product, software, & algorithms teams to deliver solutions for Xanadu customers in Finance and Chemistry. Your main role will be to design and implement innovative quantum solutions using Xanadu’s software, Xanadu’s near-term photonic quantum computers and other quantum back-ends (i.e., superconducting, trapped ions, etc.). You will work closely with the client’s quantum and data analytics teams, running technical workshops, designing new quantum algorithms, developing custom software solutions, and publishing results in prestigious journals.
Throughout your work, you will showcase analytical skills, a commitment to quality, and a collaborative work ethic. You will also demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, and creativity.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD or MSc in Quantum Information, Physics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Proficiency in fundamental quantum computing concepts such as quantum algorithms, hardware implementations, error mitigation, and variational circuits
- 2+ years of experience executing projects related to algorithms and scientific programming (i.e., quantum, AI, financial/risk modeling, chemistry, etc.)
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Python, and experience with Unix/Linux and HPC environments
- Experience with quantum software libraries, preferably PennyLane and Strawberry Fields
- Able to conduct research and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment, as well as independently
- Highly skilled at communicating technical concepts to diverse stakeholders in a clear, effective, and engaging manner
- Ability to manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
Please submit a copy of your CV and any additional information outlining why you think this is the right role for you! We’re looking forward to reading your application.
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere. Learn more about our mission here.
Our values are everything. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.