OperationsFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators, and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. That is something to be excited about!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Operations Administrator, you will be responsible for providing support to a number of important Xanadu functions and processes - business development, facility management, marketing, HR and IT operations.
- Create and oversee the contract management workflow process for Xanadu customers and partners: internal and external review, version tracking, approvals/signatures
- Develop and implement a cost-effective document management system
- Coordinate the move of our office to the remainder of the floor in 2021
- Working with the VP-Operations and other stakeholders, ensure equipment, IT and furniture requirements are met for the specific teams and company, as a whole, on an on-going basis
- Facilitate the safety protocols and processes of the space
- Assist with social media posts through the gathering of team input and necessary scheduling (e.g., residency program, new jobs, research and publications)
- Help with/coordinate external events where Xanadu is in attendance (conferences, meetings)
- Coordinate the content and distribution of the Xanadu newsletter
- Assist with the development of new Xanadu website pages/content
- Manage Shopify account and orders
- Schedule interviews between potential Xanadu candidates and hiring managers
- Perform reference checks for those receiving Xanadu employment offers
- Coordinate on/off boarding of employees and contractors
- Lead and coordinate company social events
- Offer logistical support for employee training sessions
- Efficiently screen a high number of candidates (resume/job application review, telephone interviews)
- Draft offer letters as needed
- Leverage the HRIS system to onboard the candidate - tax forms, bank info, signed contracts, etc.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Marketing, Law, Business Administration or related field
- 3+ years of business experience, preferably in a start-up environment, either in operation/cross functionally or within an HR, IT or Sales/Marketing department
- Able to work comfortably with a variety of competing priorities and communicate on a timely basis to stakeholders the status of projects and initiatives
- Sound time management skills
- Driven by “getting things done”
- Motivated by successfully working through new challenges and figuring out new and efficient processes
- Comfortable in working with video conferencing mediums to interact with candidates
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere. Learn more about our mission here.
Our values are everything. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.