Software & AlgorithmsFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Front-End Developer with a flair for design, you will work on the front end of our products and features, and work in collaboration with our back-end developers and research team. You are responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving client-facing software. Including the user interfaces for next generation HPC and quantum computing platforms. You will also be required to deliver innovative, engaging prototypes using the latest in front-end technologies.
Basic qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years experience in Agile SDLC (design, development, test and deploy)
- 3-5 years experience in designing responsive web interfaces with cross-browser compatibility (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE)
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Ability to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or other design tools
- Knowledge of backend/server-side technologies, such as Docker and Python
- Knowledge of the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.