Head of Business Development/Manager/Lead
OperationsFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
As the Head of Business Development/Manager/Lead, you will develop Xanadu’s market strategy, grow Xanadu’s quantum computing ecosystem and partnerships, and evangelize Xanadu’s products. You will work closely with the Head of Product, business development, research and hardware teams to position and evangelize the products for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with our services, and platforms.
Your success is measured by the number of customers, partners, and ultimately by the total cumulative revenue you bring in.
You are also responsible for
- Defining, building and deploying business development campaigns around Xanadu’s quantum computing, photonics, cloud, and security offerings, as well as software commercialization
- Defining, building and executing strategic initiatives with industry and academic partners in quantum computing, including start-ups and incubators
- Generating new customer leads for Xanadu’s quantum cloud (XQC), research as a service, and photon number resolving detectors (PNR)
- Maintaining contracts and an up to date database of all leads and relationships
- Building partnerships and engaging with potential resellers of XQC
- Engaging customers and partners about the quantum computing/photonics value proposition
- Preparing and creating decks for speaking engagements and external stakeholders
- Maintaining relationships with major quantum event organizers
- Securing customers on the Xanadu cloud platform, developing highly respected relationships with Cloud companies, and ultimately bringing them on as partners
Basic qualifications and experience
- Experience and successful track record in business development, strategic partnerships, and product management
- Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
Preferred qualifications and experience
- MSc or PhD in physical, computational sciences, or photonics
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
- 3+ years of experience in cloud or hosted services, telecommunications, and cybersecurity
- 2+ years of experience in machine learning
- 5+ years of working in a high performance computing related industry role
- Experience selling to large US and Canadian organizations
- Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (i.e., IT, software, etc.)
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are important. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.