Quantum Software Developer
Software & AlgorithmsFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
As part of the Xanadu Software Team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining PennyLane, an open-source framework for quantum machine learning, quantum computing, and quantum chemistry. Further duties include contributing to the development of a quantum cloud platform, and building and designing software and services with PennyLane. The selected candidate must possess the ability to learn advanced scientific and technical concepts quickly and with minimal direction. Strong technical skills and a demonstrated ability to learn new concepts is important for this position. Experience in both quantum computing and software development is essential.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with software best practices, including continuous-integration pipelines, unit testing, code review
- Experience working with several programming languages (most important are Python, C/C++)
- Ability to understand and apply complex mathematical concepts
- Demonstrated education or training in quantum computing
- Exposure/familiarity to machine learning/deep learning
- Software development skills, demonstrated via a public online portfolio (i.e., GitHub account, contributions to open-source projects, etc.)
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- High level of professionalism
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in quantum computing, as demonstrated by extensive coursework, thesis, or peer-reviewed publications
- Experience with web development (frontend or backend)
- Experience with numerical computation and high-performance computing
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related field
- MSc, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related field preferred
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere.
Our values are everything. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.