HardwareFull TimeToronto, ON
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to the next revolution in computing technology? Do you want to take part in an exciting and rapidly growing new industry? Do you want to put your skills to use at the forefront of a cutting-edge field?
Our Hardware team is looking for someone like you!
Xanadu is seeking a full-time Experimental Physicist to work within the hardware team (20+ physicists and engineers) to develop and optimize all aspects of their transition edge sensor technology and its integration with existing systems. This role involves full-stack systems-level product design, construction, prototyping, testing, and assembly of cutting-edge cryogenic photon number resolving detectors. In addition, candidates may be responsible for writing patents describing these devices and their capabilities, when applicable. Successful applicants will have a proven track record of the following:
- PhD in Experimental Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related relevant discipline
- At least 1 year post-doctoral or industry experience (preferred)
- Experience working in a collaborative team-based development environment
- Experience with independent operating of sub 1 Kelvin cryogenic fridges, preferably with either an adiabatic demagnetization refrigerator and/or dilution refrigerator
- Experience installing apparatus intra cryostat and conducting cold measurements
- Strong record of independently led projects
- Experience automating and developing hardware control code for complex systems using Python
- Experience with standard mechanical CAD design tools
- Custom PCB design and testing
- Relevant experience in photonics, integrated optics or laser science
- Experience with technical product development
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.