Photonic Systems Engineer
HardwareFull TimeToronto, ON
As part of the Hardware Team, you will work with our established team of physicists and engineers to scale and deploy our integrated photonic quantum computation platform. Further duties include designing and construction of production-grade components and establishing a supply chain for those components. You will be responsible for maintaining Xanadu’s existing cloud-accessible quantum computers, as well as building new such devices and readying them for a production-level environment. The selected candidate will have a proven track record of accomplishments in optical hardware development.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergrad or Masters in Engineering, Physics, or related discipline
- Academic or industrial experience in photonic engineering
- Strong understanding of photonics and electronics
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years hands-on experience working in photonic engineering
- Experience with lasers, modulators, and photodetection
- Experience with EDA software, PCB fabrication and assembly
- Experience designing mixed signal PCBs consisting of ADCs, DACs etc.
- Experience with nonlinear optics, product development, and chip-integrated photonics an asset
At Xanadu, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture that meets the needs of all individuals. We actively support a barrier-free workplace and ensure team members feel included, valued, and heard. We are dedicated to being a fair and equitable employer, and that includes the representation of women in STEM. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.