Quantum Error Correction Researcher
ArchitectureFull TimeToronto, ON
At Xanadu, we are learners, innovators, researchers, collaborators and problem solvers. We are creating something that has never been built before. What we are doing is extremely hard, the classic moon shot. Few people in their life will be able to be a part of something like this, where if we are successful, the technologies we develop will solve some of the world’s most challenging problems, and literally change the world. And that is something to be excited about!
We are looking for a talented theoretical quantum error correction researcher to work with us towards building a fault-tolerant quantum computer.
In this role, you will
- Devise and develop new architectures for fault-tolerant photonic quantum computing.
- Develop software tools required to implement and analyse quantum error correction protocols.
- Collaborate with the researchers at Xanadu (including 40+ PhDs) to tailor fault-tolerant architectures to real-world photonic devices, and to inform the development of hardware towards fault-tolerance.
- Write patents and peer-reviewed articles reporting advances where applicable.
Required qualifications and experience
- PhD degree in Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field with a focus on quantum error correction and fault tolerance.
- Demonstrated combination of strong problem solving skills, high creativity and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, especially in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities.
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated interest and commitment toward understanding and collaborating with theory, simulation, and experimental teams.
- Demonstrated ability at learning new research topics.
- Familiarity with quantum optics and continuous variables.
- Proficiency in working with python or other modern programming language.
Please submit a copy of your CV and any additional information outlining why you think this is the right role for you! We’re looking forward to reading your application.
To build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere. Learn more about our mission here.
Our values are everything. They are fundamental and lay the foundation for culture at Xanadu. Learn more about our values here.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.