Senior Software Developer
Machine LearningFull TimeToronto, ON
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Xanadu is a leading full-stack quantum computing and advanced AI company. Our mission is to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere. With a world-class global team and over $40 million in funding from top tier investors, Xanadu is the world-leader in photonic quantum computing, solving the most significant and computationally intensive problems facing enterprises today.
As a Senior Software Developer you will help build a trustworthy AI platform to combat rogue quantum and classical AI. Xanadu is a full-stack quantum computing and advanced AI company. You will be involved in completely reshaping the nature of computation as we know it.
- Is able to take a technical leadership role
- Is comfortable working in cross-functional teams
- Is able to evangelize proper software development practises throughout the team
- Can work anywhere in the stack, from databases, to REST APIs and above
- Is comfortable working with a variety of open-source software including Nginx, Redis, and Postgres
- Understands the full lifecycle of software development, including version control, code review, testing, continuous integration, logging, documentation and debugging
- Is able to work productively on a geographically distributed team
- Is able to contribute to open-source projects at a high technical level
- Is curious and enthusiastic about new and unfamiliar technologies
- Pays careful attention to detail
- Has good communication skills and can express complex technical concepts in a clear and easy to understand way
- Has 4-8 years of experience working in the field
- Is proficient in Python
- Is adept at working with Linux
- Is comfortable working with Git and GitHub
- Is a generalist developer who is comfortable working in multiple languages
- Hands-on experience building large, fault-tolerant, distributed systems at scale
- Experience using Docker and deploying to cloud platforms like AWS or Google Cloud
- Working knowledge of client-server architecture
- A basic understanding of machine learning and AI
At Xanadu we primarily work with Python, but we use a variety of tools including C++, Postgres, Redis, Docker, CI pipelines, and multiple cloud platforms. We build using a distributed microservice model, and we are constantly exploring new technologies to add to our stack.
Please submit a copy of your CV and any additional information outlining why you think this is the right role for you! We’re looking forward to reading your application.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.