Quantum Photonic Engineer
HardwareFull TimeToronto, ON
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to the next revolution in computing technology? Do you want to take part in an exciting and rapidly growing new industry? Do you want to put your skills to use at the forefront of a cutting-edge field? Our Hardware team is looking for someone like you!
Summary of Position and Responsibilities
Xanadu is seeking a full-time Quantum Photonic Engineer to work within the hardware team (20+ physicists and engineers) to develop and optimize all aspects of their cloud hardware stack and its integration with existing systems. This role involves full-stack systems-level design, construction, prototyping, testing, and deployment of cutting-edge photonic technology. In addition, candidates may be responsible for writing patents and peer-reviewed publications describing these devices and their capabilities, when applicable. The selected candidate will work with our established team of physicists and engineers to help build our photonic quantum computation platform based on the continuous variable (CV) approach. Successful applicants will have a proven track record of the following:
- PhD in Experimental Physics, Electrical Engineering; or
- Related relevant discipline, in at least one of: Photonics, Optics, Atomic/Molecular/Optical (AMO) Physics, or similar fields
- At least 1 year post-doctoral or industry experience (preferred)
- Experience working in a collaborative team-based development environment
- Experience with complex fiber optic components and systems
- Experience with nonlinear optics or nonlinear photonics
- Strong record of independently led projects
- Experience automating and developing control systems for complex experiments using Python
- Custom PCB design and testing
- Optical and electrical chip packaging solutions
- Integrated optics
- Mechanical CAD design
- Experience with technical product development
Our team is located in Toronto, Canada. We have a great team that tailors individual relocation and immigration packages to best support your move.
Please submit a copy of your CV and any additional information outlining why you think this is the right role for you! We’re looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on Friday January 17th, 2020.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering anenvironment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting theneeds of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at anypoint during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.