Experimental Physicist (Cryogenic Photodetection)
HardwareFull TimeToronto, ON
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to the next revolution in computing technology? Do you want to take part in an exciting and rapidly growing new industry? Do you want to put your skills to use at the forefront of a cutting-edge field? Our Hardware team is looking for someone like you!
Summary of Position and Responsibilities
Xanadu is seeking a full-time Experimental Physicist (Cryogenic Photodetection) to work within the hardware team (20+ physicists and engineers) to develop and optimize all aspects of their transition edge sensor technology, and its integration into quantum computing hardware. This role involves full-stack systems-level design, construction, prototyping, testing, and deployment of cutting-edge detection technology. In addition, candidates may be responsible for writing patents and peer-reviewed publications describing these devices and their capabilities, when applicable. Successful applicants will have a proven track record of accomplishments and creativity in scientific experimentation, prototype development and precision measurement.
- PhD in Experimental Physics, Electrical Engineering; or
- Related relevant discipline, in at least one of: Superconducting Electronics, Photonics, Atomic/Molecular/Optical (AMO) Physics, Astronomical Instrumentation, or similar fields
- At least 1 year post-doctoral or industry experience (preferred)
- Experience working in a collaborative team-based development environment
- Familiarity with cryogenic and vacuum systems
- Strong record of independently led projects
- Experience automating and developing control systems for complex experiments
- Familiarity with Transition Edge Sensors (TES)
- Low-noise analog electronics design and integration
- Custom PCB design and testing
- FPGA programming and data acquisition
- Familiarity with superconducting circuits and devices
- Optical and electrical chip packaging solutions
- Mechanical CAD design
Our team is located in Toronto, Canada. We have a great team that tailors individual relocation and immigration packages to best support your move.
Please submit a copy of your CV and any additional information outlining why you think this is the right role for you! We’re looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on Monday, December 16th, 2019.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.