Quantum Software Developer
Software & AlgorithmsFull TimeToronto, ON
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to the next revolution in computing technology? Do you want to take part in an exciting and rapidly growing new industry? Do you want to put your skills to use at the forefront of a cutting-edge field? Our software team is looking for someone like you.
As part of the Xanadu Software Team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining cutting-edge software libraries focused on quantum computing, machine learning, and quantum simulation. Further duties include contributing to the development of a quantum cloud platform. The selected candidate must possess the ability to learn advanced scientific and technical concepts quickly and with minimal direction. Strong technical skills and a demonstrated ability to learn new concepts is important for this position. Experience in both quantum computing and software development is essential.
Xanadu is a full-stack photonic quantum computing and advanced AI company developing cloud-based hardware and software solutions. Our mission is to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere. With a world-class team based in Toronto, including 35 PhDs, Xanadu has been collaborating with top financial institutions, retailers, and tech companies to solve their most significant and computationally intensive problems with cutting-edge AI today, while setting them up to thrive in the quantum age tomorrow
To succeed in this role, you should have the following:
- Previous experience with software best practices, including continuous-integration pipelines, unit testing, code review
- Experience working with several programming languages (most important are Python, C/C++)
- Ability to understand and apply complex mathematical concepts
- Demonstrated education or training in quantum computing
- Experience with web development (frontend or backend) preferred
- Exposure/familiarity to machine learning/deep learning
- Self-motivated with a willingness to learn
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- High level of professionalism
- Experience with numerical computation and high-performance computing preferred
- Software development skills, demonstrated via a public online portfolio (i.e., GitHub account, contributions to open source projects, etc.)
- Expertise in quantum computing, as demonstrated by extensive coursework, thesis, or peer-reviewed publications preferred
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related field
- MSc, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related field preferred
Our team is located in Toronto, Canada. We have a great team that tailors individual relocation and immigration packages to best support your move.
Please submit a copy of your CV and any additional information outlining why you think this is the right role for you! We’re looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on Monday, November 18th, 2019 at 4:00pm EST.
At Xanadu, we are committed to building an inclusive, safe, and equitable culture and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We are committed to meeting the needs of all individuals and support a barrier-free workplace. Should you require accommodations at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.