Graphic Designer (Full-time)
MarketingFull TimeToronto, ON
Wuxly Movement is an innovative brand of sustainable and Canadian made outerwear. Born from a love of wildlife, Wuxly is proudly animal-free throughout all product lines. Instead, utilizing the world's leading technical fabrics to promote movement in any condition.
Our brand mantra, Live Warm is more than a product benefit — it’s a way of life which promotes warm vibes in all we do. Independently owned, Wuxly lives warm through a unique production process that saves the lives of thousands of animals, utilizes innovative sustainable fabrics and implements the most stringent fair labour practices. From start to finish, each decision is made with the same dedication and detail we put into the creation of our products. In 2020 and into 2021, we have grown our business to include manufacturing PPE, including face masks, isolation gowns and gloves – to support with the needs, shortages and supply chain gaps that have come out through the pandemic.
Much more important than our products, is what they represent. In the end, our goal is to deliver an experience that allows you to #LiveWarm —both inside and out.
The Wuxly Movement Graphic Designer plays a key role in bringing the visual designs to our print and digital portals. The Graphic Designer is able to bring the “vision” of the brand and products to life while incorporating the storylines from the marketing strategy and engaging our audience. The Graphic Designer delivers impactful, innovative, creative design and print/digital solutions.
- Act as a Wuxly Movement Ambassador in all interactions, fully adopting the #LiveWarm approach
- Work closely with the marketing team to ideate creative executions that will bring the Wuxly brand to life in consumer and trade facing executions
- Design consumer facing digital branded content and assets required for the website, weekly emails, digital ads, and social channels
- Design and manage production of printed materials and marketing collateral, including but not limited to: hangtags, packaging, look books, tradeshow collateral, direct mail campaigns, corporate materials (letterhead, business cards, etc.)
- Develop mood boards and source ideas to inform the creative direction of photoshoots and video development
- Participate in pre-production planning of photoshoots including but not limited to; coordinating model fittings and bookings; creating the shot list; booking hair and makeup; assisting with wardrobe pulls and returns; etc.
- Manage the library of creative assets and deliverables for internal archives and external distribution
- Serve as the brand’s main point of contact for stakeholders and suppliers for the planning, management and production of key creative assets including but not limited to: posters, mailings, packaging, visual displays, business cards, etc
- Continue to build and manage a network of suppliers, understanding market prices and challenging as needed
- Demonstrate strong project management skills; must work closely with team members to obtain relevant information and deadlines to ensure timely delivery of creative assets
- Work closely with the Marketing Director and CEO on the development and evolution of the brand images and creative direction
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and news to ensure constant innovation across print and digital design
- Ensure that all creative development adheres to the brand guidelines and ensure that the guidelines are regularly updated and revised as the brand evolves
- Participate in multiple projects concurrently, from concept to completion
- Provide creative and design guidance and support to other departments as needed
- Additional responsibilities as the role evolves
- At least 3 or more years of experience as a Graphic Designer or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Exceptional portfolio with demonstrated understanding of both online and offline design and campaign development
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and additional programs
- Capability to produce high quality presentations, mock-ups, creative concepts and evaluate the reusability of existing photography for new layouts
- Ability to work on both MAC and PC platforms
- Excellent knowledge of pre-print production, and digital file development
- Experience in Fashion industry an asset
- Knowledge of HTML and front-end web development is an asset
- Passion for the fine details
- Solutions focused
- Known for bringing innovative ideas to life
- Strong communicator
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Wuxly Movement values diversity in our workforce, as well as in our customers, suppliers and others. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, or disability.
Wuxly Movement welcomes and encourages applications from everyone. Accommodations may be available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you would like to request a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise the Recruiter or Human Resources Associate when you are selected to participate in the recruitment process.
Wuxly Movement is committed to doing business with local manufacturers, vendors, and partners, and to be leaders in the efforts to reshore manufacturing in Ontario and Canada. Wuxly Movement prioritizes recruiting and hiring local talent into positions to lead these initiatives, and are committed to being positive corporate citizens within our community.