Retail Operations Manager
Retail Operations Manager
Wuxly Movement is searching for a proactive and energized Retail Operations Manager that will manage all logistical, operational and project management for consumer shows, retail outlets and events with a keen attention to detail, urgency and creativity. The Retail Operations Manager is responsible for Operational management of pop-ups, pop-ins, events/ roadshows/ booths, mobile stores and all retail operations, including partnering with finance and the store teams to ensure store goals are met, lead retail improvement project, inventory control and management, liaising with Marketing and Design on store projects, communicating with Marketing, Design, Operations, etc to disseminate information to stores and provide feedback from the stores, oversee maintenance and upkeep of the stores, troubleshooting as needed and general policy enforcement. This role is designed for someone who likes to lead an operational project, as well as get involved in the operations itself and support sales within the retail environment.
- Act as a Wuxly Brand Ambassador in all interactions with clients and colleagues, adopt #livewarm approach
- Ensure internal control procedures are implemented and closely monitored
- Streamline retail operations processes and procedures to ensure that they are efficient and effective
- Lead the store opening process for new stores
- Organize and participate in retail staff meetings and training seminars as applicable.
- Participate in store team recruiting process
- Ensure that training initiatives are effectively implemented in each retail space
- Provide leadership and share the company vision to motivate and retain staff
- Support and lead front line sales, as required
- Lead team with health and safety procedures and protocols
- Communicate company initiatives and directives to staff through regular meetings
- Be knowledgeable of the local market and business environment trends to include competitors’ business activities
- Propose new ideas to optimize costs
- Coordinate the scheduling of all inventories and cycle counts with stores, inventory control and other functions
- Provide support and guidance to stores as it relates to proper inventory preparation
- Oversee Merchandising direction - ensuring regular updates and rotation
- Oversee corporate directives in regard to inventories and cycle counts; achieving goals and deadlines
- Manage logistic and operational planning for local, national and international consumer events and roadshows
- Travel to events and shows, as required; Manage set up and execution of events.
- Assist with the reconciliation process for inventories and cycle counts as needed
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in all areas of risk management, physical security, employee issues, inventory management, inter-store communication and loss prevention audits
- Provide stores with regular input and feedback on how to control and prevent loss
- Provide operational support with special projects and events organization
- Ensure all associates are trained in all operational policies and procedures, and are kept up to date as required
- Additional responsibilities as the role and the candidate evolve
- Strong retail experience – ideally in a multi-store environment
- Ability to work retail hours including weekends and when necessary
- A logical and methodical thinker
- Exceptional problem solving skills; out-of-the-box thinker
- Natural sales approach - eagerness to meet and engage others
- Project management experience, an asset
- Strong computer literacy
- Highly entrepreneurial, creative and innovative
- Strong leadership skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in English, reading, writing and speaking
- Inspired by working with a team of talented professionals
- High level of accountability
- Humble, Hungry, Hardworking
- Ability to travel within GTA, Canada, US; as required
- Active Drivers license required with clean driving record
- Bilingual (English/ French) an asset
Wuxly Movement values diversity in our workforce, as well as in our customers, suppliers and others. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, or disability.
Wuxly Movement welcomes and encourages applications from everyone. Accommodations may be available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you would like to request a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise the Recruiter or Human Resources Associate when you are selected to participate in the recruitment process.
Wuxly Movement is committed to doing business with local manufacturers, vendors, and partners, and to be leaders in the efforts to reshore manufacturing in Ontario and Canada. Wuxly Movement prioritizes recruiting and hiring local talent into positions to lead these initiatives, and are committed to being positive corporate citizens within our community.