Guest Services and Reservations Manager - Staff Housing Available!
Guest ServicesFull TimeWhistler, BC
Guest Services and Reservations Manager
Founded in 2000, Whistler Platinum is an exclusive property management and luxury accommodation company, providing homeowners with unrivalled property management and guests with exceptional accommodation, vacation planning, and personalized concierge services. Our mission is to go above and beyond, making homeownership easy and our guests’ vacations memorable.
We are hiring a guest-focused Reservations and Guest Services Manager to ensure we provide the highest levels of hospitality and service to our guests and in-house homeowners. Your team is responsible for all guest interactions - trip-design and reservations, concierge services, arrival experience, in-resort assistance, check-out processes, and the post-departure relationship.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, luxury-focused leader with impeccable guest service and communication skills who can adapt to and lead change. This position is a hands-on role that actively participates in leadership decision-making, collaboration, and goal-setting with managers and directors.
What will you be doing?
Guest Experience and Reservations
- Assists guests with all inquiries concerning company services, reservations, hours of operations, directions, etc. in an accurate and timely manner.
- Proactively manage handle-with-care guests, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Oversee the team's activities to ensure consistent service techniques for check-in, check-out, and in-home orientations.
- Review and adjust schedules to accommodate the fluctuations of owner and guest stays and requests and ensure the team is supported.
- Resolve guest complaints in person, by phone or through written messages, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism.
- Utilise software programs for guest and internal communication, adding notes, check-in/out functions, adjusting reservations and calendars, changing housekeeping statuses etc
- Execute the tasks of guest services, concierge, and reservations by working scheduled shifts as required.
- Engage guests to complete reviews, respond privately and on public channels as required, and relay property feedback to the Property Services and Owner Relations teams.
- Build and maintain good communications and working relationships with all department managers and directors
- Participate in setting departmental goals, work schedules and policies and procedures
- Participate in the Manager on Duty schedule
- Work closely with the Property Services team (Housekeeping and Maintenance) to ensure timely property switches and arrival for our homeowners and guests.
- Participate in regular operations and leadership meetings to keep the team informed of housekeeping and maintenance issues, policy and procedure changes
HR & Payroll
- Recruit, coach and lead the Guest Service Agents and Woodrun front desk team to enhance a positive culture and exceed expectations of our homeowners and guests
- Schedule staff, review hours and complete payroll records.
- Manage individual and group performance expectations and goals, providing coaching and feedback at the individual and team level
What are we seeking?
- Exceptional Guest Service and issue resolution skills vital to success in this role
- Experience working in a luxury hospitality/guest services department
- Hospitality diploma, college degree or two years previous supervisory experience in a hospitality environment
- Proven record of people leadership skills, with an empathetic and caring approach
- Excellent planning and organising skills and clear verbal and written communication skills
- A team player that jumps in with whatever is required; flexible shifts, making beds, delivering supplies or guest luggage
What can we offer you?
- Salary range: $60,000 - $70,000 per year based on experience
- Staff Housing available - private room available
- Small management team where you will have the opportunity to be part of the conversation daily
- A company culture that makes changes based on employee feedback
- Growth opportunities within the company
- A competitive base compensation package based around factors important to you
- Performance-based Bonus
- Recreation Benefit for leisure or ski pass
- Extended Medical coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement