Maintenance Technician - Senior Level - Staff housing Available!
Maintenance Technician Full TimeWhistler, BC
Founded in 2000, Whistler Platinum is an exclusive property management and luxury accommodation company, providing homeowners with unrivaled property management, and guests with exceptional accommodation, vacation planning, and personalized concierge services. Our mission is to go above and beyond, making homeownership easy, and our guests’ vacations memorable.
The senior-level Maintenance Technician is responsible for supporting the Maintenance Manager and the property services team by attending to service requests and general maintenance tasks for Whistler Platinum's 120 plus vacation homes.
What will I be doing?
Maintenance technicians are responsible for maintaining the highest standards in our vacation homes, by attending to maintenance requests reported for arriving reservations, service requests from in-house guests and owners and performing preventative maintenance.
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards;
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service
- Respond to and repair all maintenance tasks as requested
- Complete basic silicone, caulking, painting, plumbing and carpentry projects and tasks in a timely manner
- Complete hot tub water quality service
- Receive maintenance and deficiency reports from the Maintenance Manager, Owner Services and dispatch and complete as needed.
- Follow up regarding the status of repairs and deficiencies.
- Provide all invoices for any purchases made, to the Maintenance Manager with completed Work Order forms in a timely manner
- Communicate throughout the day with the Maintenance Manager or dispatch to let them know of any changes in the status of properties
- Become familiar with property specifics
- Other duties as required.
What are we looking for?
If you understand the importance of doing a job correctly the first time and are always striving to find the best solution to any challenges that arise, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a team member with Whistler Platinum.
The following skills and experience are preferred in a successful candidate;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting and exceeding guest expectations in an unsupervised atmosphere
- Be organized and able to effectively communicate service task details and description
- Positive, punctual and professional
- Excellent grooming with professional image and attitude
- Great knowledge of the Whistler area is an advantage
- Preference will be given to candidates who are able to make a one-year commitment
- You must have a valid BC driver’s licence
What benefits will I receive?
- Wage between $22-$27 p/h based on experience
- Medical and dental benefits*
- Ski/Snowboard pass or recreational pass*
- Staff outings
- Paid vacation / holidays
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
*some restrictions may apply
Visa Requirements: You must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We are unable to assist you in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please apply with your resume.