Guest Services Supervisor
Guest ServicesFull TimeWhistler, BC
We are hiring a Guest Services Supervisor to join our team and ensure we provide the highest service levels to our guests throughout their vacation experience. The Guest Services Team builds relationships with our guests and guides them through all aspects of their Whistler experience. This can include:
Matching guests to the best-suited properties
- Reserving accommodation, activities and transportation
- Managing their in-resort experience
- Coordinating post-departure communication
- Fostering an ongoing relationship
The ideal candidate is a passionate, service-focused leader with excellent guest communication and issue-resolution skills. This position is a hands-on role that actively participates in all functions within the Guest Services Team.
What the role includes
- Support the Guest Services Manager in the day-to-day oversight of the team
- Resolve escalated guest issues in person, by phone or through written message, handling all interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism
- Monitor the activities of the team to ensure consistent service techniques for reservation enquiries, concierge activities, check-in, check-out, and the in-resort experience
- Participate in regular operations and leadership meetings to keep the team informed of housekeeping and maintenance issues, policy and procedure changes.
- Work closely with the Property Services team (Housekeeping and Maintenance) to ensure timely property switches and arrival for our homeowners and guests
- Build a relationship with each guest to understand their preferences and advise on the best properties to suit their tastes, needs and budget
- Guide guest through the reservation process
- Proactively offer and execute the activity, restaurant and transportation planning
- Ensure preferences are communicated to all necessary departments to guarantee a smooth arrival
- Coordinate guest arrivals and check-in
- Touch base with guests regularly and answer questions they have while in Whistler
- Arrange maintenance requests as needed
- Assist with concierge questions and reservations
- Engage guests to share their experience both publicly and through company surveys
- Maintain relationship with guests to encourage return visits and a loyal client base
What we are seeking
- Experience working in a luxury hospitality reservations or guest services department essential
- Excellent guest communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Close attention to detail with strong organizational, time management, and administrative skills
- Passion for delivering personalized guest service, striving to anticipate and exceed expectations
- A team player that doesn't hesitate to jump in with whatever is required; flexible shifts, making beds, delivering supplies or guest luggage
- Valid BC Driver's Licence is required
What Benefits You Will Receive
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Full-time employees will be eligible to join the benefit plan, which includes extended medical (Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability)
- Ski or recreational pass
- A flexible, vibrant and collaborative working environment
- Fam activity tours
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, we'd love to hear from you! Please apply with your resume and cover letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this position.
You must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We are unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
This role is shift-based, including weekends and holidays as required.