Front Desk Supervisor- Woodrun Lodge
Guest ServicesFull TimeWhistler, BC
The Front Desk Supervisor will lead a small team to deliver exceptional customer service to the owners and guests of the Woodrun Lodge. The Front Desk Supervisor will work with our Guest Services Manager to ensure that all administrative and guest service tasks are executed positively and efficiently.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Make informed decisions on guest concerns or queries with input from the Guest Services Manager when required
- Liaise and communicate with the Woodrun Strata regarding building concerns or issues reported by guests
- Review and communicate any reservations concerns or discrepancies with homeowners or property managers
- Create and post a weekly work schedule for the front desk team
- Conduct personalized check-ins at the Woodrun Lodge
- Efficiently check-out guests and invite them to return
- Respond to guest requests or issues promptly
- Answer questions providing accurate information about the Woodrun Lodge and local area/activities
- Reply to all owner and guest email and phone queries in a professional, timely and courteous manner
- Ensure that all administrative tasks are being effectively completed daily
- Other duties as required
What are we looking for?
If you understand the value of providing owners and guests with an exceptional experience and personalized attention and are ready to lead a small team you may be just the person we are looking for to join our team at the Woodrun Lodge.
The following skills and experience are required to be successful in this position:
- Previous guest service and/or concierge experience (min. 2 years) in a fast-paced environment, preference will be given to candidates with previous supervisory experience
- Organised and efficient, able to coach others to achieve the same level of efficiency
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to think on your feet and reach a satisfactory outcome for the guests and owner
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent command of the English language - written and verbal. Other languages an asset
- Excellent communication skills: able to listen, understand, clarify, and confirm
- High-level administration and computer skill set, writing, filing, tracking, organizing, and phone etiquette.
- Able to uphold all guest confidentiality and hold guest privacy and security in the highest regard
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting and exceeding guest expectations in an unsupervised atmosphere
- Outgoing, friendly and positive
- Punctual and professional
- Excellent grooming with professional image and attitude
- Great knowledge of Whistler area and local activities
- Must be able to commit to employment through to the end of April 2020 at minimum
What benefits will I receive?
- TIME to enjoy the Whistler Lifestyle
- Discounts to EXPERIENCE Whistler activities
- SKI/SNOWBOARD PASS or recreational pass*
- Medical and dental BENEFITS*
- Staff OUTINGS and COMPETITIVE WAGES
*some restrictions may apply