MaintenanceFull TimeWhistler, BC
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for attending to all service requests and maintenance tasks for Whistler Platinum's 120 plus vacation homes.
What will I be doing?
The maintenance technicians are responsible for maintaining the highest standards in our vacation homes, by attending to maintenance requests reported for arriving reservations, service requests from in-house guests and owners and performing preventative maintenance.
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards;
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Respond to and repair all maintenance tasks as requested
- Complete basic silicone, caulking, painting, plumbing and carpentry projects and tasks in a timely manner
- Receive maintenance and deficiency reports from the Maintenance Manager, Owner Services and dispatch and complete as needed.
- Follow up regarding the status of repairs and deficiencies.
- Provide all invoices for any purchases made, to the Maintenance Manager with completed Service Request form in a timely manner
- Communicate throughout the day with the Maintenance Manager or dispatch to let them know of any changes in the status of properties
- Become familiar with property specifics
- Other duties as required.
What are we looking for?
If you understand the importance of doing a job correctly the first time and are always striving to find the best solution to any challenges that arise, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a team member with Whistler Platinum.
The following skills and experience are preferred in a successful candidate;
- Previous maintenance, contractor or handyman experience preferably in a fast-paced Hospitality environment
- Good problem resolution skills, ability to think on one's feet, operating in a "win-win" fashion for owners, guests and Whistler Platinum
- Previous experience with AV, cable and wifi troubleshooting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting and exceeding guest expectations in an unsupervised atmosphere
- Be supportive of creativity and innovation, and be willing to openly embrace change
- Be organized and able to effectively communicate service task details and description
- Positive, punctual and professional
- Excellent grooming with professional image and attitude
- Great knowledge of Whistler area
- Preference will be given to candidates who are able to make a one-year commitment
- You must have a valid BC driver’s licence
Visa Requirements: You must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We are unable to assist you in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please apply with your resume and cover letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this position.