Future Opportunity: Frontend Developer
EngineeringFull TimeBurnaby, BC
About the Company:
At VisualCV, our mission is to empower individuals to accomplish their career goals, because we believe that one of the best investments you can make is an investment in your own success. As the worlds #1 online resume creation software, we're making the job search process easier and faster for our customers.
Since launching in 2014, over 3.5 million individuals globally have used VisualCV to take the next step in their careers. Our mission now is to help millions more people navigate the challenge of building a fulfilling career - including your career as part of our growing remote-hybrid team with headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada.
As a remote-hybrid company, we believe strongly in the value of autonomy and the power of the internet to help remote workers thrive. You'll have ownership and input into your projects and the ability to hit your goals working from anywhere.
About the role:
We are a small and agile team - you have a lot of responsibility to create products used by hundreds of thousands of people and see immediate impact from your work. We iterate fast and aim to push out product improvements every week.
- Implement responsive UI/UX designs using React and StyledComponents
- Integrate best practices for SEO and performance optimization
- Write clean, organized, reusable, well-tested code that is a pleasure for other developers to read
- Collaborate with other remote developers, participate in peer-reviews, review pull requests from other developers on the team
- Diagnose and resolve bugs within the existing codebase
- Refactoring complex or problematic code as needed to improve long-term maintainability, scalability and extensibility of the codebase
- Build upon our test suite with new unit and integration tests
- Testing: Jest, Cypress
- Datastores: Contentful CMS via GraphQL
- Source Control / Workflow: Git, Github, Slack, Wrike
Experience with these specific technologies/concepts is a plus, but not strictly required:
- Backend: Ruby on Rails and Node.js/Express.js REST APIs
- Datastores: PostgreSQL, Memcache
- DevOps: Cloudflare, AWS (RDS, ElasticBeanstalk, Lambda, etc.), CircleCI
- Localization and Internationalization
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with GatsbyJS and GraphQL highly desired, but not required
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Willingness to spend time learning and working with complex systems
- Willingness to take ownership and see things through
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable, analytical thinker who can work autonomously and productively with a small mostly remote team