Business Development Coordinator
Business DevelopmentFull TimeNorth Vancouver, BC
Vancouver Pile Driving Ltd (Vanpile), a multi-discipline construction company, is one of the largest marine general contractors in Canada. Since 1913, our employees have built many of the major marine facilities along the coastline and inland waters of British Columbia. Vanpile is a local family owned and operated company. Read more about us at www.vanpile.com
We are seeking a motivated business development coordinator to assist our Business Unit Manager and VP of Business Development to expand our business. The role will drive lead generation through conducting market analysis, initiating contact with prospects, generating leads through industry relationships and cold calls, assist to maintain relationships with existing clients and address their needs.
This role would be responsible for a range of administrative duties to support developing business including CRM populating and maintenance, assist with presentation development, proposal production, development of marketing materials, etc.
To excel in this position, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment, have excellent people skills, and be comfortable pitching and presenting to customers regularly.
- Conducting market research to identify new business development opportunities
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers via email, video, phone, and in-person
- Coordinating and arranging client events, meetings, appointments, and conferences
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations and pitches for prospective clients
- Writing and distributing agendas, proposals, and briefing documents for internal and external meetings
- Creating and maintaining client databases and mail lists
- Tracking submitted proposals and providing feedback to management
- Providing effective administrative support
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field
- 2 - 4 years of professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Good understanding of construction and the key sectors (i.e. Heavy civil, Infrastructure, Oil Gas, Pulp and Paper, Bulk handling) is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong networking skills
In return we offer
- Competitive base salary
- Company Paid RRSP
- Bonus Eligible
- Professional development
- 14 statutory holidays (per calendar year)
- Competitive benefits program
- The ability to grow with a BC family owned and operated company
“We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Vancouver Pile Driving is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.”
Vancouver Pile Driving Ltd. does not accept and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés from agencies. Agencies should not submit resumes in response to this posting, to Vanpile employees or any associated company location.