Senior Software Engineer
EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
Who we are
Harvard born and Y-Combinator backed, we’re on a mission to transform the global energy industry. Our team comes from different places and brings different talents to the table, but we’re all here for the same reason: to solve complex challenges and make a profound impact with some of the brightest and kindest people we know.
What problem are we solving
The $40-trillion global trade of oil and gas relies on opaque product data, resulting in large economic losses and environmental waste. We bridge human and artificial intelligence to provide real-time intelligence and predictive insights that bring efficiency to the industry.
Some of the technologies that we use:
- Elixir and Phoenix
- React for our front-end applications
- PostgreSQL + PostGIS, Redis
- Python for scientific computing and machine learning
- AWS, Docker, Terraform, CircleCI, Github Actions
- Design highly performant and fault tolerant backend services
- Design systems that represent the real-world intricacies of physical commodities.
- Build and launch products rapidly and incrementally. We ship to production dozens of times per day.
- Ingest high volume streaming data from a variety of disparate sources
- 5+ years of experience writing software, and a strong engineering background.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- A deep understanding of SQL
- A love of simple, well-tested code
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment ideally at a start-up or rapidly growing company
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the people who will use what you're building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
Nice to Haves
- You are experienced with functional programming (Erlang, Elixir, Haskell, etc)
- You’ve worked with Node.js.
- You’ve worked with data at scale.
- You've worked with Docker
- You've worked with AWS and Terraform
- You have some experience with TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Spark, SciKit Learn, or other libraries related to machine learning, signal processing and data visualization.