MarketingFull TimeToronto, ON
Urban Strategies is a leading international planning and urban design firm, based in Toronto, Canada and with offices in Hamilton, Ontario and Vancouver, BC. We have over 85 permanent staff from diverse professional backgrounds including urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, community engagement, visualization, and the visual arts. Our diversity allows us to meaningfully integrate planning and design to evolve and transform communities.
Reporting directly to the Partner, Director of Business Development & Communications and working alongside the Proposal Manager, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for performing various marketing, business development, communications, and social media tasks to support our team.
Marketing and Business Development Support:
• Support proposal development for responses to Public and Private sector RFPs and other pursuits.
• Ensure business development materials are created and updated in a timely fashion.
• Conduct the scheduling and logistics for meetings and events related to proposals.
Communications and Social Media Support:
• Work alongside Director of Business Development & Communications to support external company communications.
• Work closely with the communications and graphic design team to coordinate the company’s online presence, including website content, social media, and events.
• Monitor and maintain Urban Strategies’ social media accounts.
• Create engaging content to promote Urban Strategies’ activities, events and key messages through social media platforms and website. This may include working with various staff committees such as the Social Committee, staff in different office locations, etc.
• Update website and job advertisements regularly in conjunction with the HR team and with the help of our Graphic Designers, building a network of targeted audiences.
• Engage with members of our community online.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related field.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge of and experience in communications and marketing for a consulting firm.
• Able to connect, engage and influence.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• All Urban Strategies employees may be required to work in our office and will be subject to current health screening policies, including providing valid proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
• Basic skills in Adobe InDesign.
• Skills in other Adobe Creative Suite software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator).
• Strong PowerPoint skills; a solid understanding of MS Office suite.
• Skills and experience in SEO, social media, and analytics.
• Fluency in French or Mandarin.
Urban Strategies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish, and that an environment that celebrates diversity and inclusion accesses the full potential of our people and contributes to more equitable and innovative outcomes in our practice. Our goal is that our team represents the diversity of the communities in which we practice. Please visit our website to learn more about our firm.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required, and the employee may be required to perform other duties (that they are skilled to perform) as requested.