Urban Design Intern - Fall 2022
Urban Design Interns are responsible for working with Planners, Designers, Associates, Senior Associates, Principals and Partners to support all aspects of a project from proposal development to conceptual design. Urban Design Interns are exposed to all facets of an assignment with the goal of preparing them for real world city planning and urban design.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support conceptual and detailed urban design and the productions and/or creation of diagrams or graphics conveying key themes and concepts.
- Creation of hand and computer generated presentation drawings or computer models
- Support physical analysis conveying specific opportunities and constraints of a project
- Layout, drafting and refinement of urban design plans and concepts at a variety of scales
- Proposal and report layout and production
- Participate in proposal writing
- Work with Project Managers and the allocation team to manage their time to meet deadlines and produce quality deliverables on multiple concurrent projects.
- Communicate clearly, professionally, and persuasively, both orally and in writing
- Adapt and respond to a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Support business development activities.
- Ad hoc project requests as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture, landscape architecture, and/or urban design.
- Computer literacy is essential as the candidate will be required to use Photoshop, InDesign, ArchiCAD, Illustrator and other drafting, graphic design and layout software.
- A solid understanding of MS Office suite including Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- All Urban Strategies employees may be required to work in our office and will be subject to current health screening policies, including providing valid proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Travel may be required for this position. Employees must be eligible to travel according to current government regulations, including health screening and providing valid proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Nice to have:
- Student membership with OALA or OAA
- Fluency in French or Mandarin.
Urban Strategies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish, and that an environment that celebrates diversity and inclusion accesses the full potential of our people and contributes to more equitable and innovative outcomes in our practice. Our goal is that our team represents the diversity of the communities in which we practice. Please visit our website to learn more about our firm.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required, and the employee may be required to perform other duties (that they are skilled to perform) as requested.