DesignFull TimeToronto, ON
Position Title: Graphic Designer
Urban Strategies is a leading international planning and urban design firm, based in Toronto, Canada. We have over 70 permanent staff, from diverse professional backgrounds including architecture, economics, landscape architecture, planning, public administration and the visual arts. Our diversity allows us to meaningfully integrate planning and design to evolve and transform communities.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for undertaking a wide range of design assignments on projects large and small in a variety of settings. They work with team members to complete external and internal requests.
- Layout and production of documents such as proposals and project reports;
- In collaboration with the Partner, Business Development and Communications creates compelling digital materials for web and social media sites, as well as client presentations (PowerPoint presentations);
- In collaboration with Project Leadership, develops visually engaging panels, bulletins and other communication materials for public information events;
- In collaboration with Project Leadership, sets up and maintains project websites and online surveys;
- Design branding, diagrams, and data infographics for projects, including but not limited to timeline schedules, organization and flow charts, logos;
- Design branding, diagrams, and data infographics to support internal initiatives and products including but not limited to onboarding and training materials;
- Video production and animation;
- In collaboration with the Partner, Business Development and Communications, maintenance of the firm’s marketing materials, digital image library and website;
- Understanding of compliance with AODA graphic standards (online and print);
- Participation in and graphic support for client and staff events and activities;
- Daily communication with Project Leadership teams to ensure that all required deliverables for projects are properly executed and delivered on time;
- Supports various business groups in PDF form creation, preparing presentations and other deliverables.
- Continually learning and staying up to date on design industry trends
- Leads internal training session (Academy Sessions) on Adobe Creative Suite and other internal design technology systems.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Diploma or Degree in Graphic Design from an accredited institution
· Indesign experience essential
· Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience
· Demonstrated strong writing skills
· Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, video editing software.
· Strong PowerPoint skills; a solid understanding of MS Office suite.
· Strong visual eye and attention to detail.
· Highly organized with great time management skills
· Excellent command of a MAC platform
· Membership in RGD
Urban Strategies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish, and that an environment that celebrates diversity and inclusion accesses the full potential of our people and contributes to more equitable and innovative outcomes in our practice. Our goal is that our team represents the diversity of the communities in which we practice. Please visit our website to learn more about our firm.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required, and the employee may be required to perform other duties (that they are skilled to perform) as requested.