Business Development Associate
ThinkData Works helps organizations turn any data into fuel for their business. Whether sourcing new streams of public data or transforming existing internal information, ThinkData’s platform, Namara, acts as a data refinery, serving up ideal data capable of powering enterprise solutions.
Companies of all sizes are only just beginning to tap into the potential of available data. With internal data being made more accessible through the adoption of proper warehousing, and new streams of external data published daily, the world of data management has never been more dynamic and cumbersome – but there has also never been more opportunity.
Our mission at ThinkData is to significantly increase the amount of data accessible within an organization. We are creating a standard way to access the disparate world of data and organizations are relying on our platform to power their decision science.
We are growing our Sales & Marketing team and are looking for a Business Development Associate to manage the top of our sales funnel. This person will be responsible for initial sales outreach, managing the inbound/outbound sales processes, and generating leads for our Sales Team. The ideal candidate is eager to learn technology-forward sales and cutting-edge data solutions with unlimited growth potential. We are set up to grow our accounts by 10x and we are looking for someone who is ready to step up and do what needs to be done to make that happen. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to grow their sales and marketing capabilities while exponentially increasing their professional exposure.
What you’ll be doing:
● On-the-spot creative problem solving. We are selling a solution that is at the forefront of the big data movement. You will need to gain an understanding of our client’s landscape and quickly identify opportunities to connect data providers and startups.
● Pipeline management. You will build and manage our inbound sales funnel to then qualify leads and identify prospects, moving them through the pipeline to the Account Managers.
● Whatever it takes. This is a new product and the future of how companies make decisions. You will constantly be working to drive growth as you:
- Provide any and all marketing and business development support from administrative coordinator to package and presentation preparation.
- Develop a deep understanding of the solution and how it lines up with current with industry trends.
- Report on metrics.
- Use Salesforce to enter contract details and manage files.
- Coordinate marketing initiatives. From drafting communications, emails and social media posts to working with media and external sources to generate new engaging and relevant content.
What you’ll bring:
- The ideal combination of education and experience. You have a Business, Marketing or Communications degree. You know how to build out a process in Salesforce and administer a marketing campaign or sales program. You have 2-3 years of experience in marketing and sales support, preferably in a startup environment.
- The knowledge. You have a general understanding of the world of big data and the tools used in the space. Or, you need to show us your experience and strengths add up to someone who can pick this up on-the-go and run with it.
- Technical skills. You are familiar with a range of marketing and design tools, such as Salesforce, HubSpot and Hunter.
- Motivation, drive and passion. You get a thrill from being part of the pursuit that increases audience share. You are calm under pressure and optimistic. The confidence in our solution and our company just makes it all the easier for you.
- Communication and translation. It goes without saying, your written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to listen and reflect back - need to be knock-out worthy.
- Marketing and sales methodology and innovation. You believe in following a process because it works and changing it up when it doesn’t.
What’s in it for you?
- Accelerated career growth. You want to be a part of building out a marketing strategy for a startup and learn the fundamentals of building and operating a sales strategy.
- Professional development. It is a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and implementation of two fundamental business processes - a solid framework to leverage and highlight as you build your career.
- Impact. We are a young company on track to continue our rapid scaling throughout this year and the next. Joining us now is a chance to get in on the ground floor in our growing team. This is a chance to introduce our solution to a new audience and make an impact increasing our exposure.
Who will you work with?
You will work closely with our amazing Sales & Marketing team and our CEO & Co-Founder, Bryan Smith. ThinkData Works was born out of Bryan Smith’s success spearheading the global open data movement while working for the Government of Canada. He’s results driven and results-oriented which is how he’s single-handedly built over $3M in revenues driven through enterprise licensing with customers historically impossible to sell into as a startup.
Need more reasons to join?
We may be technologically driven, but like every Canadian, we know the best ideas are thought of up north in a cottage. During the summer, we take the whole team on a 3-day retreat for mission setting, aligning our goals, product management, and team building. This year we are at a Summer Camp! We’re not saying this involves a beer keg, guitars, and campfires. But we’re not saying it doesn’t.
We are managing our growth. We continue to promote and nurture the open, collaborative nature of who we are and how we work. And we don’t just support each other in the office. The number of musicians in-house is pretty overwhelming, from 90s cover bands to death metal. There’s always a co-worker with a gig coming up and we love to go out and cheer them on.
We work hard while still knowing how to have fun and being ourselves, hanging out together outside of work and enjoying delicious snacks at the office.
ThinkData Works welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.