NLP Software Engineer
ThinkData Works, Inc. is a Toronto-based technology startup whose data management platform, Namara, is used by some of the foremost organizations in the world to process and refine data into usable products. We host one of the largest repositories of publicly available data and enable our clients to significantly increase the amount of information they use to fuel solutions.
At ThinkData, our mission is to build the easiest and most secure solution that enables our users to access, integrate, and collaborate on the data that powers their business. Some of the largest companies in the world, from tech to banking and beyond, use our platform.
We’re not a single-solution AI company or a consulting firm disguised as a startup. We’re interested in solving the fundamental problem of accessing and distributing data. Namara as a data management platform will propel the next wave of intelligent solutions.
We’re looking for a NLP Software Engineer to join ThinkData Works at our Toronto office, and to work as a key member of our Data Labs team. Data Labs builds machine learning tools for practical business needs (e.g. entity resolution). The incumbent will work closely with the data scientist to build the product. This role will involve hands-on building and scaling our product and contribute to the roadmap. Our ideal candidate wants to be part of a team that solves real-world problems and propels the next wave of data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to make an impact. We want someone with the confidence and experience to make decisions and make a difference as a driving force on the Namara team.
- Access to new tech. At ThinkData we don’t shy away from bleeding edge tech. We encourage you to experiment, test and push the boundaries through research and development.
- New builds. You will utilize, contribute to, and build upon open source tech, you will build a new, unique product, adding features, addressing change requests and incorporating user feedback into the product roadmap.
- A clean slate. We have new ideas to develop and we are open to new concepts. This is a chance to develop products and APIs on a virtual blank page and introduce your own ideas for future products.
So, how do we know that’s you? You can:
- Push us to the next level. With a degree in Computer Science in addition to three to five years of hands-on experience developing enterprise apps and exposure to data analytics products, you bring expertise in NLP. You can work across our full stack, pick up new tech easily and build out our platform. Familiarity Python is required.
- Innovate solutions to complex problems. Communication and decisiveness are key as is the ability to weigh the opinions of others. You can confidently make software design decisions.
- Collaborate. You can mentor the team, work autonomously and as a contributing team member.
- Evolve with us. The landscape is being built under our feet as we move forward, so we need people who can channel their passion, learn quickly and navigate the unknown at top speed.
Need more reasons to join?
We may be technologically driven, but like any good Canadian we know the best ideas are thought of up north in a cottage. We currently take two 3-day retreats for mission setting, aligning with our goals, product management and team building. We usually do a spring and fall one up at a cottage. We’re not saying this involves a beer keg, guitars and campfires. But we’re not saying it doesn’t.
We are managing our growth. We continue to promote and nurture the open, collaborative nature of who we are and how we work. And we don’t just support each other in the office. The number of musicians in-house is pretty overwhelming, from big band trumpeters to death metal guitarists. There’s always a co-worker with a gig coming up and we go out to cheer them on.
If being a pioneer in the world of data and solving real-world problems sounds like a future you want to be part of, express your interest here or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn to learn more about us.
ThinkData Works welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.