NLP Software Engineer
Engineering & DevelopmentFull TimeToronto, ON
We’re looking for an NLP Software Developer to join our Data Labs team and is well versed in NLP. The Data Labs builds machine learning tools for practical business needs (e.g. Entity Resolution, Knowledge Graph, Natural Language Understanding, etc.). The incumbent will work closely with data scientists and engineers to build platform solutions. This role will involve hands-on building and scaling our product and contribute to the roadmap. Our ideal candidate wants to be part of a team that solves real-world problems and propels the next wave of machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to make an impact. We want someone with the confidence and experience to make decisions and make a difference as a driving force on the Namara team.
- Access to new tech. At ThinkData we don’t shy away from bleeding edge tech. We encourage you to experiment, test and push the boundaries through research and development.
- New builds. You will utilize, contribute to, and build upon open source tech, you will build a new, unique product, adding features, addressing change requests and incorporating user feedback into the product roadmap.
- A clean slate. We have new ideas to develop and we are open to new concepts. This is a chance to develop products and APIs on a virtual blank page and introduce your own ideas for future products.
So, how do we know that’s you? You can:
- Push us to the next level. You have a degree in Computer Science, in addition to 3-5 years of hands-on experience developing machine learning tools and natural language processing products at scale.
- Innovate solutions to complex problems. Communication and decisiveness are key as is the ability to weigh the opinions of others. You can confidently make software design decisions to solve challenging real-world problems.
- Collaborate. You can mentor the team, work autonomously and as a contributing team member.
- Evolve with us. The landscape is being built under our feet as we move forward, so we need people who can channel their passion, learn quickly and navigate the unknown at top speed.
ThinkData Works, Inc. is a Toronto-based technology startup whose data management platform, Namara, is used by some of the foremost organizations in the world to process and refine data into usable products. We host one of the largest repositories of publicly available data and enable our clients to significantly increase the amount of information they use to fuel solutions.
At ThinkData, our mission is to build the easiest and most secure solution that enables our users to access, integrate, and collaborate on the data that powers their business. Some of the largest companies in the world, from tech to banking and beyond, use our platform.
We’re not a single-solution AI company or a consulting firm disguised as a startup. We’re interested in solving the fundamental problem of accessing and distributing data. Namara as a data management platform will propel the next wave of intelligent solutions.
Need more reasons to join?
We may be technologically driven, but like every Canadian, we know the best ideas are thought of up north in a cottage. During the summer, we take the whole team on a 3-day retreat for mission setting, aligning our goals, product management, and team building. This year we are at a Summer Camp! We’re not saying this involves a beer keg, guitars, and campfires. But we’re not saying it doesn’t.
We are managing our growth. We continue to promote and nurture the open, collaborative nature of who we are and how we work. And we don’t just support each other in the office. The number of musicians in-house is pretty overwhelming, from 90s cover bands to death metal. There’s always a co-worker with a gig coming up and we love to go out and cheer them on.
We work hard while still knowing how to have fun and being ourselves, hanging out together outside of work and enjoying delicious snacks at the office.
One final note before applying
ThinkData Works prides itself for its diversity and being an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We value all of our applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.