EngineeringFull TimeRemote - Canada
Who We Are
Founded in 2012, The Rounds has been modernizing how physicians access and share information because we believe sharing knowledge saves lives. The Rounds is the first secure collaboration network of its kind with a mission to improve global healthcare outcomes by connecting the medical community.In the rapidly-changing healthcare landscape, physicians require a centralized hub to exchange clinical information. Our network provides physicians instant access to trusted communities of practice, learning opportunities, medical peers and experts, as well as curated information related to their clinical interests.
Our Guiding Principles
We are inclusive. We respect people, value diversity, and are committed to equality.
We are caring. We care about the success and well-being of our clients, our communities, our members, and our colleagues.
We are agile. We innovate and adapt to the ever-changing medical ecosystem.
We are curious. We listen, we ask questions, and never stop learning and exploring.
We are solutions-driven. We are focused on creating the best possible solutions and outcomes for our stakeholders.
. . . We are The Rounds.
What We Are Looking For
The Engineering Manager role is to help assure the successful execution of The Rounds’ business mission through development and deployment of the company’s various technologies, working closely with the Chief Technology Officer. This requires leading the company’s engineering team, and identifying and evaluating potential team members.
What You Will Do
Strategy & Planning
- Assist the CTO identifying gaps in the engineering team, and help to hire and recruit new team members to meet needs.
- Work with the CTO to create scalable infrastructure and CI/CD deployment strategies
- Assist in the development and evolution of processes related to development, deployment, documentation and the technical team.
Implementation & Deployment
- Ensure proper database encryption & system security through industry best practices
- Collaborate with a User Experience Designer and potential customers to review wireframes/mockups of prototypes of the company’s web application.
- Work with the CTO to define, and create tooling and processes to across the team
- Stay up to date with best practices and industry news; and look for ways to apply new technologies, patterns, and tools to improve the developer experience and the product.
- Conduct code reviews and encourage a code-review culture to facilitate learning, awareness, and quality across the eng. team.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
- Work with CTO to design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining applications.
- Monitor application performance and review any application failures in staging or production.
- Support the member experience service team with existing customer service tools and integrations as needed.
- Work in a team of developers in developing, maintaining, and testing the web applications using proper development techniques.
- Analyze issues to identify the scope and impact of new requirements or when enhancing existing systems.
- Design, code, inspect and test program modules to meet the criteria and deliverables identified within the software specifications to the required quality and timescale. Recommend (and implement if appropriate) suitable development and test environments.
- Plan and execute load, performance, functional and security testing on all platforms.
- Implement software solutions to achieve required business benefit with minimum impact on Boondoc and client usage of existing applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Work with the CTO on the matters of recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- Assist in establishing standards of performance and monitor conformance for technical staff.
- Seek out opportunities for SRED-able work and IP patents. Produce reports for senior leadership team as required.
What You Will Bring
- Post-secondary education in computer science, web / mobile development or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience on software engineering teams.
- 2+ years of experience in leadership roles on engineering teams.
- Experience with modern front-end web development; preferably React.
- Nice to have experience with server-side web development; ideally Go.
- Understanding and ideally experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS), containerization architecture (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL.
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary development team and supporting junior developers.
- DevOps advocate and experience with code release processes and deployment pipelines.
What We Offer
- Flexible working arrangements;
- A talented and passionate team who enjoy working together;
- An opportunity to shape the landscape of healthcare knowledge translation;
- A chance to further develop your career in the rapidly growing healthtech industry;
- The ability to implement your ideas to help modernize how health care professionals connect.
If this sounds like you, let’s chat! Please submit your resume and cover letter (in PDF format) to be considered for this position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only successful applicants will be contacted.