IT Systems Administrator
OfficeFull TimeToronto, ON
The PUR Company is growing! We’re a team of entrepreneurial thinkers, with a relentless drive to get things done, passionate about what we do and the innovative impact we are making. We do it all while having fun and acting with PURpose! We pride ourselves on diversity and celebrate individuality. It’s our people that make things happen! If this excites and invigorates you, we’d love to hear from you!
We can’t spell PUR without U!
We’re are currently looking for an IT Systems Administrator with these attributes to join and grow with our PURly exceptional team!
- A critical problem-solver, you enjoy being presented with challenges and coming up with solutions on-the-fly, all while being respectful and thoughtful
- You have a passion for technology, creating a process, and are looking to start your career in IT
- Health, wellness, and driving innovation are a part of who you are
- There’s no ‘I’ in team, you understand that this is a team sport and, in order to build something special, we need each other to make things the best
- A person of high integrity; you have a need to get things done, but without sacrificing the customer-first attitude of the squad
The role in more detail.
- Install, maintain, and update desktop (PC & Apple products), laptop, mobile devices, servers and legacy devices
- Provide technical support for computers, laptops, printers, internet access, phones, and Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, NetSuite, company website, and internet security
- Track internal IT asset inventory and perform internal PC moves
- Maintain inventory of internal licenses and track compliance
- Maintain and update anti-virus software on computers and perform system scans
- Oversee IT related projects across various departments
- Evaluate new hardware and software to meet company requirements
- Participate in finding the best methods for internal and external information management
- Ad hoc projects when required
What you have done to get here.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Systems Technology, Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 1 + years working experience in a corporate team, co-op or full-time environment is preferred, bonus marks for Start-up experience
- At least 1 + years of practical experience in database administration, development, web coding, and hardware administration
- Experience in PC and Apple environments
- Knowledge of IT principles, concepts, and methods; systems testing and evaluation principles, methods, and tools; IT security principles and methods; Internet technologies; and/or emerging information technologies.
- Attention to detail and deadline oriented, highly accurate and the ability to work under pressure accurately and effectively, still bring smiles to the faces of the team members around you
- Proactive & self-motivated, you’re looking for those issues and presenting ideas to solve them before they become problems
- A self-starter, with the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment
- Brilliant problem solving and divergent thinking skills; getting creative and bringing unique ideas to the table is not frowned upon here
- You are a strong communicator.