MarketingFull TimeToronto, ON
The PUR Company is growing! We are looking for a Creative Designer who is excited to work in an engaging atmosphere of great creative and design.
That means knowing the difference between new trends and short-lived fads, being truly excited about being on the cutting edge of design with a brand founded on being disruptive and having the agility to evolve big ideas into design.
We’re a team of entrepreneurial thinkers, with a relentless drive to get things done, passionate about what we do and the innovative impact we are making. We do it all while having fun and acting with PURpose! We pride ourselves on diversity and celebrate individuality. It’s our people that make things happen! If this excites and invigorates you, we’d love to hear from you!
We can’t spell PUR without U!
What you will do.
You need to have a strong design background, experience working in a fast paced ever changing setting, a grasp of social media, and above all – a love to make really cool and beautiful designs.
The role in a little more detail.
- Design creative deliverables that fulfill strategic business objectives in the areas of packaging, newsletters, social media posts, website images, advertising collateral, etc. pretty much anything that has our logo attached and more
- Contribute great ideas to brainstorm and ideation sessions
- Translate our CEO’s vision into creative designs and solutions
- Develop work that is consistent with the PUR brand look, feel, voice and overall guidelines as well as bring forward brand new ideas consistently
- Demonstrate a thoughtful design approach while prioritizing the projects according to level urgency
- Keep up to date with innovative creative work across our industry while embracing diverse trends, skills, specialties and viewpoints
- A critical problem-solver, you enjoy being presented with challenges and coming up with solutions on-the-fly, all while being respectful and thoughtful
- You have a passion for numbers and processes, and are looking to start and grow your career in design
- Health, wellness, and driving innovation are a part of who you are; Wellness Wednesday is your favourite day of the week
- There’s no ‘I’ in team; you understand that creative and design is a team sport and, in order to build something special, we need each other to make things the best
- A person of high integrity; you have a need to get things done, but without sacrificing the customer-first attitude of the squad
What you have done to get here.
- Post secondary education in design, advertising, visual communications or equivalent in a related field
- 2-3 years of design experience in a similar role
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Design experience across digital, mobile, print and video platforms
- Motion graphics and/or video editing skills are an asset
- Highly skilled at creating storyboards, wireframes and mock-ups necessary to guide development of original and dynamic creative
- A strong design portfolio
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
- A sense of humor and a portfolio of work that reflects that sensibility and humility
- Well versed in all leading social media platforms with a passion for social media and social media trends
- Excellent written and presentation skills with demonstrable ability to articulate creative concepts
- A global perspective and understanding of different cultures
- The absolute willingness to occasionally work nights, weekends or holidays
The PUR Company is committed to providing equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure a barrier-free recruitment process. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please provide your accommodation needs in advance to the recruiting team for this opportunity.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.