The PUR Company is growing! We’re a team of entrepreneurial thinkers, with a relentless drive to get things done, passionate about what we do and the innovative impact we are making. We do it all while having fun and acting with PURpose! We pride ourselves on diversity and celebrate individuality. It’s our people that make things happen! If this excites and invigorates you, we’d love to hear from you!
We can’t spell PUR without U!
We’re are currently looking for a Junior Accountant with these attributes to join and grow with our PURly exceptional team!
The Junior Accountant is part of a dynamic finance team. You will be responsible for specific financial functions in order to provide support for individuals at all levels within the team and also to assist leadership with decision making.
- A critical problem-solver, you enjoy being presented with challenges and coming up with solutions on-the-fly, all while being respectful and thoughtful
- You have a passion for numbers and processes, and are looking to start and grow your career in accounting/finance
- Health, wellness, and driving innovation are a part of who you are; Wellness Wednesday is your favourite day of the week
- There’s no ‘I’ in team; you understand that finance is a team sport and, in order to build something special, we need each other to make things the best
- A person of high integrity; you have a need to get things done, but without sacrificing the customer-first attitude of the squad
The role in more detail.
- You’re a master at AP/AR transactions, credit card and bank reconciliations and enjoy making those bank runs
- Administrative gate keeper of customer deductions/claims documentation
- Using your skills to review documentation and initiate investigation of customer deductions
- Tapping into your passion for accounting and finance to prepare financial reports on a weekly/monthly basis- AR, DSO
- Being proactive to analyse journal entries for accuracy and taking steps to identify and correct anomalies
- Prepare general ledger entries, maintain records and conduct analysis
- Digging down deep to assist with month end and year end close
- Input invoices and process bill payments
- Ad-hoc projects, as required, because as a team there are some tasks that we will all do
What you have done to get here.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years working experience in a corporate team environment is preferred, bonus marks for Start-up experience
- Experience with Multi currency, ERP system is a strong asset
- QuickBooks knowledge is mandatory
- Attention to detail and deadline oriented, highly accurate and the ability to work under pressure accurately and effectively, still bring smiles to the faces of the team members around you
- Proactive & self-motivated, you’re looking for those issues and presenting ideas to solve them before they become problems
- Brilliant problem solving and divergent thinking skills; getting creative and bringing unique ideas to the table is not frowned upon here
- Your communication skills are stellar! You’ve been complimented on your ability to execute your verbal and written instructions and deliver that perfectly executed punch line
- Excel is your jam! You’re a master at vlookup, sumif, pivot tables and a formula guru