AccountingFull TimeToronto, ON
The PUR Company is looking for an Accounting Clerk to join the team! We’re a team of entrepreneurial thinkers, with a relentless drive to get things done, passionate about what we do and the innovative impact we are making. We do it all while having fun and acting with PURpose! We pride ourselves on diversity and celebrate individuality. It’s our people that make things happen! If this excites and invigorates you, we’d love to hear from you!
What you will do.
As the Accounting Clerk, you are accountable directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and account irregularities. . The Accountant will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, stipends, and any other accounting transactions related to A/P management. The Accountant will also administer claims, refunds, adjustments, and any other accounting transactions related to A/R management.
The role in more details.
- AP: Entering Bills, processing payments, reconciling accounts, and working with foreign currency
- AR: Entering Invoices, identifying and collecting on delinquent accounts, prepare aging report, posting payments to accounts.
- Assisting with month end process of reconciling accounts.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line, coordinating contact with collections department.
- Posts customer payments by recording cheques, EFTs and credit card transactions.
- Data entry related to various task.
What you have to do to get here.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- 3-5 years direct experience in an Accounting Clerk or A/R and A/P capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
We can’t spell PUR without U!
PUR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request.
We thank all those who have applied, however only the selected candidates will be contacted.