AccountingFull TimeToronto, ON
The PUR Company is growing! We’re a team of entrepreneurial thinkers, with a relentless drive to get things done, passionate about what we do and the innovative impact we are making. We do it all while having fun and acting with PURpose! We pride ourselves on diversity and celebrate individuality. It’s our people that make things happen! If this excites and invigorates you, we’d love to hear from you!
If this describes you, Apply Now for the Accounting Clerk position to join and grow with our PURly exceptional team!
What you will do.
You will be responsible for accurate and timely order entry, answering customer order inquiries, accounts receivable and the preparation of some reporting.
- A person who loves to win and hustles to ensure success; you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you don't fade under pressure you actually think it is fun!
- You’re a virtuoso at multi-tasking; you always have multiple tasks on the go but your attention to detail and drive for innovation always push you to success
- A critical problem-solver, you enjoy being presented with challenges and coming up with solutions on-the-fly, all while being respectful and thoughtful
- A person of high integrity; you have a need to get things done, but without sacrificing the customer-first attitude of the squad
The role in more detail.
- Enter orders accurately and efficiently to meet required cut off times and deadlines
- Answer and respond to customer inquiries with urgency via phone and/or email
- Prepare and fill out payments to third parties, whether by cash, check, credit, and other forms of payment.
- Verify sales team orders for accuracy and make corrections when required
- Provide customers with product information
- Identify and escalate priority issues and follow up with resolutions
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with our customers and distributors
- Log calls, order verification, and customer notes in our ERP system, Netsuite
- Support the AR team with collections and customer support
- Manage invoicing , mails and cheque deposits
- Post and reconcile customer payments
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners
- Any other duties and responsiblilties as assigned by the team
What you have do to get here.
- Post secondary education in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Minimum 2 years experience in an accounting clerk role
- You’re tech savvy and strive for accuracy
- Numbers are your thing and you don’t mind telling everyone that you’ve got a love of fractions and decimals
- Microsoft Office is part of your everyday life, you adept in all of its functions and programs
- You understand that customers are vital to the growth of our business and success
- Your communication skills are stellar! You’ve been complimented on your ability to execute your verbal and written instructions and deliver that perfectly executed punch line
We can’t spell PUR without U!
We thank all those who have applied, however only the selected candidates will be contacted. PUR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request.