Account Executive, Sponsorship & Partnerships
Business Development & InnovationFull TimeToronto, ON
Canadian National Exhibition Association - Toronto, Ontario
Contract Position: Full-Time; January, 2019 – December 31, 2019
The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE), or The EX as it is also known, is Canada’s largest community event and one of the top five agricultural fairs in North America. Taking place over the 18 days leading up to and including Labour Day Monday, the CNE offers a wide variety of interactive entertainment experiences. Attractions include concerts, celebrity chef demonstrations, an acrobatic and ice skating show, midway rides and games, a working farm, exhibits, food, shopping, and a three-day Air Show. Founded in 1879, the CNE is a cherished tradition for the people of Toronto and surrounding communities, and attracts approximately 1.5 million visitors annually.
Reporting to the Chief Officer, Business Development & Innovation, the Account Executive, Sponsorship & Partnerships will be primarily responsible for supporting the Account Manager, Sponsorship & Partnerships in securing cash and in-kind sponsorships and to foster strategic partnerships to support the annual sponsorship and partnership plan and the overall goals and objectives of the CNEA.
- Assist the Account Manager, Sponsorship & Partnerships
- Coordinate proposals, contracts, agreements, benefit charts for tracking purposes and fulfillment.
- Provide key support to the team by planning internal staff meetings, agendas, minutes, follow-ups.
- Maintain accurate records and files for all projects.
- Coordinate event specific organization tools - production of critical paths, contact lists, on-site deliveries.
- Provide research support (potential sponsor prospect, events in the marketplace).
- Coordinate day-to-day operation of all matters pertaining to sponsor relations and special events.
- Maintain a detailed critical path for sponsor activations.
- Assist team with proof of insurance, site safety acknowledgement forms.
- Assist in all event support staff including setup crews, suppliers, trades, signage planning, set-up.
- Provide assistance with site plan and floor plan auditing as it relates to Sponsors.
- Monitor the grounds for any ambush marketing agencies, control roaming rights etc.
- Supported Assistance with the Product Swag Bag outreach for the CNE Survival Kit.
- Supported Assistance with all Hotel Bookings for CNE departments in conjunction with Westin.
- Assist in client hosting, hospitality and guest services during the fair.
- On-site client support lead for move in and move out of all Sponsors and Brand teams.
- Post Event: Thank You Letters, Post Event Wrap Reports.
- Assist in Client Pitches, Sponsorship Decks and Follow-Ups.
- Assist procurement of activation sponsorship sales.
- Assist in the sales of Sponsor Branding rights.
Sales, Marketing and Communications
- Answer phone, qualify leads before transferring to Account Manager, Sponsorship & Partnerships. Assist in all Sales/ Sponsorship correspondence - Kits, Site Plans, Event Details, and Applications.
- Assist with maintaining and developing the Sponsorship database and prospect lists.
- Coordinate collateral production for printed materials, brochures, signage and marketing elements.
- Assist in the preparation of post event wrap up reports, evaluations, and client summaries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work in areas that may contain bright lights, loud noises and crowds of people
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including evenings, weekend and statutory holidays
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- Proven sales experience.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in sponsorship, event marketing or promotions capacity with a post-secondary education in a related discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong communication, interpersonal & presentation skills.
- Superior research, written and organizational skills including time management.
- Ability to problem solve in real-time and adapt quickly to changing parameters or issues.
- Flexibility and the ability to take initiative and thrive in a high-stress creative environment.
- Professionalism in appearance, communications and conduct.
Invitation to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and covering letter outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the CNE, Human Resources Department no later than January 11 @ 4:00 p.m.
Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. At the CNE we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The CNE offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.